Tom Shatel: Is this the beginning of the end for Nebraska in the Big Ten?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A school that sells out a 80,000 seat stadium every game for 70 years won't be looking to join the MAC

I am looking to date Jessica Chastain, Natalie Portman, and Scarlett Johansson, but it isn't happening.

Eventually everybody is going to get sick of their antics.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I have seen a lot of explanations on why UNL left for the b1g, all having failed to identify the real reasons.

2000 - Oklahoma
2001 - Colorado
2002 - Oklahoma
2003 - KState
2004 - Oklahoma
2005 - Texas
2006 - Oklahoma
2007 - Oklahoma
2008 - Oklahoma
2009 - Texas
2010 - Oklahoma

I don't think the 2009 CCG was the reason they left, but it may have been the last straw

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I would definitely make them take a lower share of conference revenue for 4-5 years but I’d take them back the more that I think about it. Mainly because they would give ISU a chief rival in their geographic region for football. Right now you can make the case that our rival in the Big 12 is WVU, a school over 1000 miles away.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
More of a blonde neighbor who used to be hot in HS but now has a horrible personality, is on her 3rd marriage, got fake boobs but they don’t line up right and bad teeth. I mean if your really really drunk at an Xmas party maybe but hopefully you’ve got better friends than that to help you.
Sounds more like Missouri.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Why can't you play 9 games? 5 home, 4 away one year, 4 home, 5 away the next year. Rotate a team off the schedule every 2 years. Allow teams to keep 3-4 rivalry type games every year.

The math doesn't work out. You can't have an odd number of games with an odd number of teams. You'd end up with 49.5 games played. I guess you could rotate 1 team playing 10 conference games each year, but that ends up getting even more messy.

Reactions: TedKumsher

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here’s an interesting snip it...
Nebraska players leading the charge in the transfer portal?
While this seems threatening at face value, the situation is more complicated, as the NCAA would have to agree to amend the transfer rule. If they don’t, the players would have to sue to get their way. Then, of course, there would need to be space on the depth chart at the program where players want to transfer. I’m told there is a large contingent of players from Nebraska who will lead the charge to demand this change.”

Reactions: psychlone99

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Here’s an interesting snip it...
Nebraska players leading the charge in the transfer portal?
While this seems threatening at face value, the situation is more complicated, as the NCAA would have to agree to amend the transfer rule. If they don’t, the players would have to sue to get their way. Then, of course, there would need to be space on the depth chart at the program where players want to transfer. I’m told there is a large contingent of players from Nebraska who will lead the charge to demand this change.”
There might be some husker players who would be decent backups or scout team players.

Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron