Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Cycodolphan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2010
The timing for this announcement (Today) is concerning as we wait for the other announcement.
I see it as the opposite of this. I don't know why you announce an extension, only to ruin the excitement by losing out on the biggest recruit of the cycle. I think this is a good sign.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Yaz

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I think we’re still getting a steal at 1.2m with Otz.

He makes more than that. The 700k to 1.2m change is only one portion of his contract. His pay now will be $1.5 million guaranteed with up to $500k in incentives. I believe the single biggest incentive is winning the Big 12 regular season title ($250k). He gets $100k for winning the B12 tourney. Stuff like that.

Still low paid for a P6 coach.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
I see it as the opposite of this. I don't know why you announce an extension, only to ruin the excitement by losing out on the biggest recruit of the cycle. I think this is a good sign.
I'm not the sky is falling kind of person like a lot on here, however, I can see this as a PR move by the AD to soften bad news and confirms TJ is moving in the right direction, regardless of the AJ announcement. Jamie is a master at that. I'm probably wrong here and hope so. Either way, we'll live another day to play good basketball regardless and I'm not worried about it.

The timing is interesting though. Its going to be a really great day or its going to be a great day. Either in life isn't too bad.

Reactions: Cycodolphan

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Huge bargain even at the new amount. I think Prohm made more than that to start.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not the sky is falling kind of person like a lot on here, however, I can see this as a PR move to soften bad news and confirms TJ is moving in the right direction, regardless of the AJ announcement. Jamie is a master at that. I'm probably wrong here and hope so. Either way, we'll live another day to play good basketball regardless and I'm not worried about it.

The timing is interesting though. Its going to be a really great day or its going to be a great day. Either in life isn't too bad.
The university is not going to make contract announcements relative to any recruit.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
The university is not going to make contract announcements relative to any recruit.
I'm not going to argue with you. I've spent my life in sales and in PR. Timing is interesting.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not going to argue with you. I've spent my life in sales and in PR. Timing is interesting.
Does the greater fan base even know what AJ Green is doing? Players come and go. The raise and extension are much bigger for ISU than any recruit.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Does the greater fan base even know what AJ Green is doing? Players come and go. The raise and extension are much bigger for ISU than any recruit.
I don't really care what AJ is doing. Did you read my post previously where I state that we'll be playing good basketball regardless? Find something better to do with your time.

Reactions: Macloney