Tiger Woods in car accident

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’ve always had this thought in the back of my mind it wasn’t an accident. He’s been through so much.

Reactions: TitanClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’ve always had this thought in the back of my mind it wasn’t an accident. He’s been through so much.

I think he was just intoxicated and the police gave him special treatment by not doing a blood draw when there was a mountain of probable cause there.

Reactions: jsb and Cydkar

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I think he was just intoxicated and the police gave him special treatment by not doing a blood draw when there was a mountain of probable cause there.

I would have guessed it was either falling asleep at the wheel or impaired with pain pills. I always thought the latter was highly possible, and yes, the police let him off by immediately stating in the press conference that he did not seem impaired, and not pulling a blood sample. IIRC, there were no brake skids, so definitely probably cause for deeper investigation. Oh well, he has been through a lot and only hurt himself.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The sheriff's deputy said he didn't appear to know where he was or that he had mangled his legs.

If you want to call that intoxicated I won't stop you.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
The sheriff's deputy said he didn't appear to know where he was or that he had mangled his legs.

To be fair, I got knocked the **** out in football once. I had no clue where I was or that I was hurt. I wouldn't hold it against someone who was in a violent crash like that to be dazed. Hell, the only time I've ever broken a bone I didn't know it was broken until I tried to pick something up and couldn't figure out why I couldn't move my arm. Adrenaline and shock are a hell of a combo.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
To be fair, I got knocked the **** out in football once. I had no clue where I was or that I was hurt. I wouldn't hold it against someone who was in a violent crash like that to be dazed. Hell, the only time I've ever broken a bone I didn't know it was broken until I tried to pick something up and couldn't figure out why I couldn't move my arm. Adrenaline and shock are a hell of a combo.
That's fair. It's possible he was just dazed from the accident. I doubt it but it's possible. But for any of us it would have been probable cause for the police to get a blood draw at the hospital.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
You can drive the street in Google Earth Street View. The median and sign that he wiped out is in the center of the shot. He was east bound in the lanes where the picture is taken from, hit the median nose, wiped out the City Limits sign and then traveled on east in the west bound lanes, hit the curb on the west bound lane just beyond the second power pole and then went through a bunch of brush and trees before coming to a stop.

Tigers Accident Spot.jpg

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I have no idea if it was anything more than just driving too fast, but I'd agree they were awful quick to say "nothing to see here".

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I’m not exactly a teetotaler but wasn’t this like 0930?

Reactions: Angie

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
That's fair. It's possible he was just dazed from the accident. I doubt it but it's possible. But for any of us it would have been probable cause for the police to get a blood draw at the hospital.

True. I think under the circumstances (auto accident) they would have probable cause to request such a thing.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Tiger Woods was on his way to meet Drew Brees and other celebrities for a production shoot so I highly doubt he was intoxicated. It has been reported he was running late so speeding is a likely scenario to cut some time off the trip.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron