Thomas, Mitrou-Long, have big weekends in Summer League

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Amazing how little Matts teammates aee looking to pass to him. Guess they don't want an automatic assist.

Last edited:

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Amazing shooting, hope he gets a two way contract somewhere in the league. He's showed he atleast deserves a chance.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wonder if this 5-5 gets Matt to lead the summer league in 3 pt % for guys with decent attempts, he was at like 53% coming in.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Matt was great. Too bad it was all about the Balls. Summer League MVP doesn't even play in championship game. Kuzma, Matt, and Caruso having to deal with the point got the job done. Vander Blue would be good if not so selfish a player.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Matt was great. Too bad it was all about the Balls. Summer League MVP doesn't even play in championship game. Kuzma, Matt, and Caruso having to deal with the point got the job done. Vander Blue would be good if not so selfish a player.
Vander Blue's time is running out.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Great time for Matt to shine, I hope it turns into something good for him. If he could stick and make Kyle Korver money it would be pretty cool.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Fred was a worse defender than MT in the NBA and college..Im not saying MT is Fred but Fred had one elite skill that had him playing 10 years and that is he was an elite 3pt shooter...MT right now is an Elite 3pt shooter. If you can do one thing really really really well, espcially shooting 3's that can get you a contract and roster spot.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Fred was a worse defender than MT in the NBA and college..Im not saying MT is Fred but Fred had one elite skill that had him playing 10 years and that is he was an elite 3pt shooter...MT right now is an Elite 3pt shooter. If you can do one thing really really really well, espcially shooting 3's that can get you a contract and roster spot.

In fanboard post linked above by ILikeCy, the "specialty" part seems to have appeal. Several people said, "We need a shooter and he's a shooter," or something similar. I'm not familiar with niche needs of NBA teams, but that sounds promising.

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008
Missing the first half hour of the championship game thanks to a baseball game! :mad:
In the case of tonight's game and for future such incidents they announced the game would start on ESPNU. and move to ESPN when the baseball game was over. They do that a lot during the regular basketball season. If they don't say it verbally watch for the announcement at the bottom f the screen. Sorry you missed the first part of the game. I would think it will also be replayed later in it's entirety.

I don't know what more Matt could do to get a spot on the Lakers roster. He may need defensive help but the coaches should be able to help him improve on that. I would like to see him play with Lakers as Ball loves to assist. Being a young team they play a very fast up tempo game which makes for playing in a rhythm which leads to made baskets. The whole Lakers team was on fire especially from three.

Matt had the best +/- total with a +20 points when he was in the game the next best was a +13 that is a very impressive stat as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: r06b

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matty Ice finished on a streak of 14 for 16 from 3. Unreal. To steal from Van Gundy, that's a good number in an empty gym. On a Lakers fan forum, someone was referring to him as Matt "Summer League Klay Thompson" Thomas. Ice, ice, baby.

Reactions: DurangoCy and Cycsk

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Matt earned himself serious coin with his play. Unreal to watch him shoot with so much confidence. So happy for him!

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Almost exactly 5 years after lighting it up in AAU, he does the same thing in nba summer league - must be something about July for Matt! Funny how it was fun to follow on twitter both times - all the pscyho laker fans really came around after these last 3 games.

i'd think he'd get a 2 way deal no problem from any of several teams, but I wonder if he gets an actual contract offer (similar to georges last summer 1 yr guaranteed) from someone.

how cool must've of been for matt to shoot like that and have Magic standing up cheering him on.

Reactions: Cycsk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron