Thomas, Mitrou-Long, have big weekends in Summer League

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Man it was fun watching Matt have the run he did. Out of all the ones with Summer League invites he was the one that I was most worried about standing out, too.

I was reading over on the Laker forums and they are raving about him. A lot of guys wanting him to get a camp invite and a shot at the roster. Saying they really need someone like him from 3.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Not that it is surprising but i watched the NBA highlight show this morning and the talked more about Lonzo Ball, who didn't play, than they did about Thomas after he went off last night.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It gives me a little twinge of what could have been if Matt had not suffered from the bone spurs for much of last season. So happy for him. He seemed to work well with Kuzma and Caruso. Makes me wonder a bit more about the hype with Ball, since he obviously was surrounded by some pretty good guys for summer league anyway who were able to win without him, and lost the first two games with him.

Matt's +20 led the team +/- by quite a bit, I think the next best was +13.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I had forgotten about the bone spurs. Did he have surgery after the season to get those cleaned up, or is he still dealing with them right now?

I'm pretty sure he did have some surgery done. There were pictures while he was recovering.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
because of his off season surgery he didn't have a chance to do all those workouts like everyone else before the draft. so happy he played so well in vegas. got "lucky" when he teammates go injured, but he took advantage of the opportunity as best as possible.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I know Caruso has a two way deal for the Lakers, but I wonder if the Lakers regret that signing with how well Thomas showed. Magic mentioned in the in-game interview that they want to bring in a veteran PG to back up and mentor Lonzo, so that doesn't bode well for Caruso grabbing a roster spot. Could be a plus for Thomas. I'm sure the Lakers want a cheap roster with team options for next season so that they can spend big $ on the 2018 FA class.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I confess, I wasn't very optimistic about Thomas' chances. I love him as I do most Cyclones, but the NBA is such a tough mountain to climb. He certainly is doing all he can to make it tough for them to tell him no.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I know Caruso has a two way deal for the Lakers, but I wonder if the Lakers regret that signing with how well Thomas showed. Magic mentioned in the in-game interview that they want to bring in a veteran PG to back up and mentor Lonzo, so that doesn't bode well for Caruso grabbing a roster spot. Could be a plus for Thomas. I'm sure the Lakers want a cheap roster with team options for next season so that they can spend big $ on the 2018 FA class.

I couldn't stand watching Caruso. In the semi final game he spent more time on the ground (not because he was hustling for a ball) than he did on his feet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron