This guy is having a bad week

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Haha I have always wondered how golf became labeled a "gentleman's game". There are a higher percentage of straight up A-holes on the golf course than anywhere else in the world. Always encountered way more "gentleman" during pickup basketball games or fishing or hunting than on the golf course.
I drink way more playing golf than I ever did playing football or basketball.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Haha I have always wondered how golf became labeled a "gentleman's game". There are a higher percentage of straight up A-holes on the golf course than anywhere else in the world. Always encountered way more "gentleman" during pickup basketball games or fishing or hunting than on the golf course.

Because golf is the only sport you call a penalty on yourself if you are playing correctly.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

They take their hats off when they shake hands at the end of the 18th.

What more do you want? :jimlad:

Reactions: rdubbs

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
you do that in pickup basketball. is that a gentlemans game too?

OK good point, but that's not the case from a professional aspect. Also, in that scenario, if you don't call it, there is still someone who knows you committed a foul. In golf, no one may ever know.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
"Sometimes I looked like a rag doll after we'd made love," she told the paper. "He really did like it quite rough. He wanted to spank me and loved pulling my hair as we had sex. He also liked me to talk dirty to him, but hair-pulling was what really turned him on.

She may be ugly, but that pancake lady can paint a picture.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Tiger: "Love your pancakes. How much for the cakes? What do I need toi tip you?"

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
OK good point, but that's not the case from a professional aspect. Also, in that scenario, if you don't call it, there is still someone who knows you committed a foul. In golf, no one may ever know.

Its the same problem in both sports ... amateurs who believe they're professional. Its just that in golf you get a puffed up chest and an arrogant tone. In basketball you get a throwdown.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think Tiger is up to 10 women now. He's made the turn and is on the 11th fairway.