*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Attendance smack? Seriously? :SLEEP:

The crowd wasn't great...a late-season game against a mediocre conference team (can't really say "rival") will do that. So will a .500 record.

We still drew 54,309...that's a capacity crowd at JTS. :smile:
I would have thought they would have turned out in droves as next year will be much tougher as I have been told.

D

DistrictCyclone

The crowd wasn't great...a late-season game against a mediocre conference team (can't really say "rival") will do that. So will a .500 record.

For the only show in a state twice the size of Iowa...WOW!!! Rock M NATION!!!

Just imagine how many you're going to pack into that trailer with a football field attached when stud programs like Kentucky and Vanderbilt roll into town.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS

Puh..LEASE. You may have sold that many, but there were TONS of empty seats between the 30s on both sides. You would have been lucky to have 50K there.
It was so bad that it was obvious that ABC was trying not to show the main stands with the coverage. I was embarassed for MU on a senior day. Several of my friends I talked to on Sunday who are MU fans just threw up their hands. of course, these guys are K.C. people who are pretty hacked off at the whole SEC fiasco and didn't go to the game.

D

DistrictCyclone

Define "better." After the Cotton Bowl, they're pretty much all the same (which is to say "worthless"). Even the payouts are pooled together, so nobody really gets more cash. Still, from the moment Mizzou left, I think everybody knew we'd get the Nebraska Treatment.

Which is fine. This whole season kind of feels like a scrimmage or a pre-season to me. In a year or two, nobody is going to remember how Missouri's last season in the Big 12 turned out.

The losses for OU and OKSt. mean that the B12 is probably getting 1 team in the BCS; everybody else moves down a game. Ubben has MU to the Pinstripe, but as I've said, I'd be happy if that went to ISU. The B12 bowl tie-ins should go to the teams that are still in the conference.

Any bowl that ISU plays in is inherently better than any bowl that Missery plays in, by virtue of the fact that the former bowl exhibits an exciting team with a devoted, well-traveled fan base, and the latter showcases a bunch of under-performing hillbillies with a lush for a coach.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
So Mizzoulander, how much will you freak out when the Big XII votes to put all continuing members of the the conference in line for bowls before mizzery and aTm?

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
So Mizzoulander, how much will you freak out when the Big XII votes to put all continuing members of the the conference in line for bowls before mizzery and aTm?

(leaving aside the contractual problems of having the conference slot the bowl teams...)

Not even a little. Mizzou is going to a bowl, there's no doubt. I could care less whether it's a Big 12 tie-in or not. Ticket City in Dallas vs. the Big 10 would be fine with me. Pinstripe in NYC in a baseball stadium against some Big East team would be less appealing, but also fine.

You know where a 5th-place SEC team goes bowling? Peach Bowl (now Chick-Fil-A) in ATL or Cotton in Texas. Even their crappy bowls are in places like Memphis or Nashville...fun and easy to get to.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
(leaving aside the contractual problems of having the conference slot the bowl teams...)

Not even a little. Mizzou is going to a bowl, there's no doubt. I could care less whether it's a Big 12 tie-in or not. Ticket City in Dallas vs. the Big 10 would be fine with me. Pinstripe in NYC in a baseball stadium against some Big East team would be less appealing, but also fine.

You know where a 5th-place SEC team goes bowling? Peach Bowl (now Chick-Fil-A) in ATL or Cotton in Texas. Even their crappy bowls are in places like Memphis or Nashville...fun and easy to get to.

You do know the odds of seeing 5th in the SEC is basically zero, right??

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

LMAO that you think you will place 5th in the SEC. You will lucky to ever crack the top half of the conference.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
You do know the odds of seeing 5th in the SEC is basically zero, right??

Hard to say...look at last year for reference.

As usual, the SEC put 2 schools in the BCS (Auburn and Ark.)
Bama went to the Capital One (SEC #2)
Florida went to the Outback (SEC #3)
LSU went to the Cotton (SEC #4)
SoCar went to the Chick Fil A (SEC #5)
Miss. St. went to the Gator (SEC #6)

Then all the rest. Do you really think that Missouri would NEVER ONCE crack that lineup? MU won 10 games last year while in the Big 12. Is the SEC THAT much better?

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Then all the rest. Do you really think that Missouri would NEVER ONCE crack that lineup? MU won 10 games last year while in the Big 12. Is the SEC THAT much better?

Mizzou did that with Texas recruits and some terrible north teams. Those days are both done. My point stands. Good luck, it won't help you because cheaters always beat lucky and both beat ignorant, but whatever.

Last edited:
D

DistrictCyclone

The Big 12 sucked last year. This year it's more like the SEC...and look at the gigantic turd Missery has left in the bed.

Take away your Texas recruits, and you'll be thankful each year you finish above Vandy and UK.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

Well, I would guess that pretty much every school on that list would be expected to finish above Mizzou in a given year. I don't see Georgia on that list, and they would typically be higher than Mizzou. And with aTm coming in, they would also be tough for Mizzou to pass in most years. Hell, while they have been down of late, Tennessee has also shown itself to be a school that can compete for national titles. That is the issue you are going to have with the SEC. The top isn't any better than the top of the Big 12, but the SEC goes at least 5 or 6 teams deep that can actually make a run at a national title.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
The Big 12 sucked last year. This year it's more like the SEC...and look at the gigantic turd Missery has left in the bed.

Take away your Texas recruits, and you'll be thankful each year you finish above Vandy and UK.

Hmmm...not sure about that.
2010 Conference Rankings (wk 15)
1 SEC 95.1
2 Big 12 90.0
3 Big Ten 89.3
4 Pacific-12 85.6
Mountain West 85.65

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/conference/_/year/2010/week/15/seasontype/2

In a 6-1-1 divisional game format, it's likely that MU won't face LSU, Alabama, Auburn, or Arkansas most years (especially if TAMU is their permanent West rival). How can anybody say that would be a more difficult schedule than playing all the teams in the Big 12 every year?

Last edited:
D

DistrictCyclone

Hmmm...not sure about that.
2010 Conference Rankings (wk 15)
1 SEC 95.1
2 Big 12 90.0
3 Big Ten 89.3
4 Pacific-12 85.6
Mountain West 85.65

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/conference/_/year/2010/week/15/seasontype/2

In a 6-1-1 divisional game format, it's likely that MU won't face LSU, Alabama, Auburn, or Arkansas most years (especially if TAMU is their permanent West rival). How can anybody say that would be a more difficult schedule than playing all the teams in the Big 12 every year?

Exactly. 0.7 points higher than the B1G and 4.4 above the PAC stinks. Face it; there's a negative relationship between Missery's winning percentage and the strength of the Big 12. Do you think it's merely coincidental???

You won't have a 6-1-1 format; you'll be playing 9 conference games just like everyone else before you know it. And yes, Missery will still get their teeth kicked in for the very same reasons everyone on this board has outlined and you have refused to listen to.

Go make some friends on the Gator board or something. Nobody here likes you.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Exactly. 0.7 points higher than the B1G and 4.4 above the PAC stinks. Face it; there's a negative relationship between Missery's winning percentage and the strength of the Big 12. Do you think it's merely coincidental???

You won't have a 6-1-1 format; you'll be playing 9 conference games just like everyone else before you know it. And yes, Missery will still get their teeth kicked in for the very same reasons everyone on this board has outlined and you have refused to listen to.

So, every conference BUT the SEC stinks?

I'd say that most EVERY team has a better winning percentage when its competition is weaker. (Duh.) But over the past 5 years, has the Big 12 ever been lower than 3rd in conference strength? Usually it's #2. Mizzou has benefitted from playing in the North Division, but there's not much they can do about that...you play the schedule you get.

The Big 12 HAS to have 9 games because its TV partners would walk if they didn't. I'll believe the SEC goes to 9 games when I see it. The coaches don't want it, and the conference will wait until it expands with 2 more teams before realigning the divisions and adding games. That's years down the road.

Everybody on the Gator Board agrees with me. There's not much to discuss. :smile:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So, every conference BUT the SEC stinks?

I'd say that most EVERY team has a better winning percentage when its competition is weaker. (Duh.) But over the past 5 years, has the Big 12 ever been lower than 3rd in conference strength? Usually it's #2. Mizzou has benefitted from playing in the North Division, but there's not much they can do about that...you play the schedule you get.

The Big 12 HAS to have 9 games because its TV partners would walk if they didn't. I'll believe the SEC goes to 9 games when I see it. The coaches don't want it, and the conference will wait until it expands with 2 more teams before realigning the divisions and adding games. That's years down the road.

Everybody on the Gator Board agrees with me. There's not much to discuss. :smile:

Cool story Brah.... Why dont you stay over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron