*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Found this article interesting...

Texas: Aggies had chance to partner in network - Houston Chronicle

It talks about how A&M were once offered a chance to build a joint network with Texas 4 years ago, but they declined.

So this isn't even a case of the aggies didn't get invited, but a case of massive inferiority complex? They don't think they are good enough to join a network with Texas AND they are mad about Texas creating its own network? We should throw them out. I don't care if they find a new conference. The aggies need to be gone.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Are you serious? You made your point in order to argue that losing BCS football would be bad for ISU academically. And my point is that BCS football has no bearing on academics. As shown by UAB, the Ivy League and the UC system, for example.

Well done, D1 -> BCS. My bad though, my bad...

You've lost the plot. Here it is - whatever happens to ISU's AQ status will not downgrade the research done in Ames.

If you don't think that BCS affiliation helps a school in other ways that football you need to take your head out of the sand.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
So this isn't even a case of the aggies didn't get invited, but a case of massive inferiority complex? They don't think they are good enough to join a network with Texas AND they are mad about Texas creating its own network? We should throw them out. I don't care if they find a new conference. The aggies need to be gone.

You are just now realizing that this is an inferiority complex thing? It's been obvious to me for a while. Of course, I am in Aggie country, so it's been pretty easy to see. This whole thing is about Aggie not being as good as Texas but thinking that they are and that everybody is out to get them.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There are exceptions, such as the Ivy League, but as a general statement it is very correct to say that Iowa State benefits academically from being in a BCS league.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Are you serious? You made your point in order to argue that losing BCS football would be bad for ISU academically. And my point is that BCS football has no bearing on academics. As shown by UAB, the Ivy League and the UC system, for example.

Well done, D1 -> BCS. My bad though, my bad...

You've lost the plot. Here it is - whatever happens to ISU's AQ status will not downgrade the research done in Ames.

I agree 100%

The only adverse affect on ISU after losing their AQ would be the end of recruiting, the loss of our coach, the loss of our AD, the end of facilities expansion and the end of donations to the FB program.

Our academics will still be top notch.

ISU SOLAR DECATHLON RULES!!!

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
Found this article interesting...

Texas: Aggies had chance to partner in network - Houston Chronicle

It talks about how A&M were once offered a chance to build a joint network with Texas 4 years ago, but they declined.

Chip Brown on his morning show yesterday said that he talked to A&M assistant AD about this and that Bill Byrne (A&M's AD) was under the impression that Texas was asking them to share the expense in setting up a network, and didn't realize that it would pay for itself. So not only did they refuse the invitation out-of-hand, but they didn't even understand the proposal in the first place. In about 10 years Bill Byrne will be public enemy #1 of nearly every aggie in the country. He will be their BVD -> no vision and a series of terrible decisions as A&M fights to stay out of the cellar of the SEC.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I agree 100%

The only adverse affect on ISU after losing their AQ would be the end of recruiting, the loss of our coach, the loss of our AD, the end of facilities expansion and the end of donations to the FB program.

Our academics will still be top notch.

ISU SOLAR DECATHLON RULES!!!

Yikes!

I am just trying to be an "atlas man" for the 6,000th post.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Chip Brown on his morning show yesterday said that he talked to A&M assistant AD about this and that Bill Byrne (A&M's AD) was under the impression that Texas was asking them to share the expense in setting up a network, and didn't realize that it would pay for itself. So not only did they refuse the invitation out-of-hand, but they didn't even understand the proposal in the first place. In about 10 years Bill Byrne will be public enemy #1 of nearly every aggie in the country. He will be their BVD -> no vision and a series of terrible decisions as A&M fights to stay out of the cellar of the SEC.

At this point, I'm hoping the SEC sends back a tape of their entire meeting pointing and laughing before saying no as their response to Atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.