The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Rex is semi-officially in Return of the Jedi. The Mandalorian is only a few years later, so it would not be out of the question. I do agree, though, that that mostly-hidden figure was supposed to be Boba Fett.

https://www.slashfilm.com/dave-filoni-confirms-captain-rex-in-return-of-the-jedi/
I just think from a marketing standpoint it doesn’t make sense to have competing TV series based on Mandalorians. Boba Fett is a fan favorite character that will never live up to fan expectations in the TV universe. I think it makes more sense, especially given the Thrawn reveal, that this clone has to be tied to the animated universe rather than Boba Fett.

Plus, Cara Dune said that she fought on Endor, so a reveal of Rex would tie Dune and Ahsoka together for a future plot line and/or spin-off series which has already been rumored to be in the works.

I suppose an outside possibility is Commander Cody. Perhaps he’s searching for Obi-Wan’s home on Tatooine either to find some clue about the whereabouts of the remaining Jedi or to make peace for Order 66.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Quite liked this episode. Asoka came across really well. Wish she'd tag along for an episode of two like ig-88. I thought the child's name would follow the Yoda/Yaddle convention. Wonder when Disney will relabel all the mechindise.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I just think from a marketing standpoint it doesn’t make sense to have competing TV series based on Mandalorians. Boba Fett is a fan favorite character that will never live up to fan expectations in the TV universe. I think it makes more sense, especially given the Thrawn reveal, that this clone has to be tied to the animated universe rather than Boba Fett.

Plus, Cara Dune said that she fought on Endor, so a reveal of Rex would tie Dune and Ahsoka together for a future plot line and/or spin-off series which has already been rumored to be in the works.

I suppose an outside possibility is Commander Cody. Perhaps he’s searching for Obi-Wan’s home on Tatooine either to find some clue about the whereabouts of the remaining Jedi or to make peace for Order 66.
Is there some reference to Cody post RotS/66? I guess I don’t remember if they explain how Wolf and the other clone with Rex in Rebels broke away from the control chip

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Obviously, Thrawn in live action would be awesome, but how many more Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Mandalorian tie-ins are there going to be?

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Obviously, Thrawn in live action would be awesome, but how many more Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Mandalorian tie-ins are there going to be?

Probably as many as Dave can fit into the show. Really Sabine is probably the last remaining character to show up. And still make some sense to the story line.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Probably as many as Dave can fit into the show. Really Sabine is probably the last remaining character to show up. And still make some sense to the story line.
I guess that all depends on who the Jedi is that shows up on Tython. Could be Ezra, I can’t imagine it’ll be a new character we haven’t see or heard of in something else.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If Luke does show up, then where does that leave Grogu in Ep 7-9? Presumably, the only way to make him not in those movies would be that he's dead or not pursuing Jedi training. There's no way that Disney allows him to be killed off, this isn't HBO.

I could easily explain it away to myself that since he could be over 900 years old he's still also a little kid growing up somewhere in 7-9, like he's a little kid in all 3 trilogies timelines. We were let in on the fact that Luke was training new Jedi. Maybe in 200 years he'd be the equivalent of an 16 year old young Jedi?

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I really enjoyed the episode. I think that Ezra is the Jedi they end up finding. Asoka was great I would like to see her in more episodes.
I think Ezra makes the most sense out of Jedi we know about that are somewhere in the galaxy. There's no effing way it's Luke. For all the reasons mentioned above. That and there's that odd tweet from Rahul Kohli dancing around playing him. If I had to put $5 on it that's who I'd be betting on.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
So "baby Yoda" is not actually Yoda at all, but is Grogu? And Yoda was referred to as Master Yoda, so we now have multiple generations of whatever creature Master Yoda and Grogu are?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So "baby Yoda" is not actually Yoda at all, but is Grogu? And Yoda was referred to as Master Yoda, so we now have multiple generations of whatever creature Master Yoda and Grogu are?

It was always clear that it wasnt Yoda. Yoda died and became a force ghost before this show occurs.

In the show he was just 'the child'. He was never referred to as "Baby Yoda"

Yoda was always "Master Yoda" because he's a Jedi Master.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Baby Yoda was what the internet called him, because the series didn't name him. Matter of fact, we only know he is male because the other characters refer to him with masculine pronouns. I don't think anyone has changed a diaper yet, so who knows? ;)

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Assuming Ahsoka is still searching for Ezra, I don't see how he is the Jedi that will show up. If she thought Grogu could draw him out, she would be the one taking him to Tython.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Let Grogu explain himself, he can talk now:

• Haha
Reactions: GTO

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They really just get to the point in the episodes, They could stretch it out more but Im conflicted if they should or not.

This episode left no time to catch your breath.

i love it. I don’t like the hour long episodes that really could be 30 min. If I wanted to watch a show that’s doing it’s best to take as long as possible give me the walking dead.

Help Support Us

Become a patron