The League

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
Has anyone else been watching The League on FX. Great show funny, funny show.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
watched the 1st episode and thought it was awful. the way the draft went was stupid-nobody would seriously try to draft keyshawn johnson in 2009-especially not somebody in a league where they took it seriously enough to have a trophy made. i realize it's a comedy, but those kind of details annoyed me to the point that i won't watch it again.

hawkeye_t

Apr 24, 2006
ID via PA via ME via IA
I laughed pretty hard at the song Taco played at the little girls birthday party. All in all a pretty funny show but I don't think it will be confused with Arrested Development or Reno 911.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I laughed pretty hard at the song Taco played at the little girls birthday party. All in all a pretty funny show but I don't think it will be confused with Arrested Development or Reno 911.

I think they are trying to be like Sunny in Philadelphia...

Love Sunny

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I am about ready to put Sunny in Philly at the same level as Arrested Development. Question for Philly fans, is Dee kind of hot? I have watched that show since the beginning and I still can't decide.

I'll say she's hot...but maybe a little too skinny. Kinda looks like she's on drugs I guess.

I will say that The League is pretty funny, especially for those that play FFL. Good show and worth DVRing.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I was originally not big on the league.. I find the premise of the show a little ridiculous.. but the more i've seen it (it's on right after sunny so i end up watching it), the more I like it... not coincidently, the more i like also coincides with them doing less and less "fantasy football stuff".

I think the show could be funny in it's own right without such a heavy reliance on the fantasy football aspect. It seems too forced most of the time.

Tonight's episode was hillarious. With Taco dressing up as the little girls toy and ending up robbing the house - laughed pretty hard at that. Also, when Andre is caught watching the sex tape... good stuff/

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Not that funny and definitely could have been done much better. I was expecting so much more when I first heard about this.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
The League is a good follow up after Sunny. The whole "trade-rape" thing with Plaxico Burress last night kind of annoyed me, because that dude has been dominating their league all season and he doesn't know that Plax is in jail for two years? Come on. That's amateur. They must have let some junior high kids write that into the story.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The League is a good follow up after Sunny. The whole "trade-rape" thing with Plaxico Burress last night kind of annoyed me, because that dude has been dominating their league all season and he doesn't know that Plax is in jail for two years? Come on. That's amateur. They must have let some junior high kids write that into the story.

The joke was set up every week though... That guy has won,but gets lucky... He always tries to add, draft guys that are retired...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I didn't catch last night's new episode but I'm still split on what I think about it. Funny moments at times but other times the plot drags on or is just stupid.

Best moment I think was the first one where they cheered on the kids in the potato sack race numbered for draft position.

MonsterBack

Sep 7, 2008
Parts Unknown
I really like the show and it's near the top of my priority list on the DVR.

People nitpicking it and dismissing it due to what they feel are inaccuracies about fantasy football deserve to miss a half hour of laughs every week.
They can go watch Two and a Half Men or According to Jim so that they have a laugh track to tell them what is supposed to be funny.

I can't wait until someone decides to poke holes in realism of the "pube joint" gag....

There's no accounting for taste, I guess. That's why they build Walmarts.