The HB saga and the people

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
Why would he not take coach at his word? Is coach not strong enough to tell a 17 year old kid that he can't use his facilities? I doubt that.

McDermott gains nothing by telling the kid he can not use the facilities. If anything, he probably looks a little bitter to some. Barnes shows a lack of class if he turns down Iowa State but continues to use their practice facility. Plenty of other venues for him to hone his skills for UNC.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I guess I just don't see why he couldn't say that facilities are only to be used by potential recruits, if that is in fact the case, doesn't have to be personal. That's what everyone around here wanted him to say.

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
I guess I just don't see why he couldn't say that facilities are only to be used by potential recruits, if that is in fact the case, doesn't have to be personal. That's what everyone around here wanted him to say.

I guess I fail to see why Barnes can't be gracious to a Coach that he just rejected and refine his skills else where. McDermott is showing what kind of person he is, maybe Barnes should return the favor and stay away.

And, for all I know, he is going to do that very thing. Although I am a little skeptical of that based on Friday's events.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Wait so is HB the lawn mower?:jimlad:
There, I fixed it for you. The Jimlad face is a sign to everyone that you are just being sarcastic. Without it, the blue and white letters of your post show no emotion or intent in your comment.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
There, I fixed it for you. The Jimlad face is a sign to everyone that you are just being sarcastic. Without it, the blue and white letters of your post show no emotion or intent in your comment.
We need a more subtle jimlad, that one is too over the top, loses all the subtle charms of sarcasm.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Just curious . . what is the over and under for HB's mom leaving town for NC once junior finishes HS? Any chance she will land a job at UNC courtesy of Roy Boy? He's done that sort of thing in the past.:yes:

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
We need a more subtle jimlad, that one is too over the top, loses all the subtle charms of sarcasm.

true and good sarcasm should not need you telling people you are sarcastic. If you have to tell people you are being sarcastic what is the point, just say what you mean.

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Chuckle, that may be. Send a note to the mods and maybe they can come up with something more appropriate. Unfortunately the subtle charms of sarcasm don't come through with typed letters either.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just curious . . what is the over and under for HB's mom leaving town for NC once junior finishes HS? Any chance she will land a job at UNC courtesy of Roy Boy? He's done that sort of thing in the past.:yes:
I'd say it's possible, but I'd say it's just as likely she stays home with his sister while she goes to school. Just speaking as a parent, a lot of time and effort has been spent on HB over the last however many years, if it were me I would probably think it was time to focus on my other child and let her do her own thing as she grows up and goes to high school.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
1. Wow, yeah that was going to happen.
2. So you know ISU was never a true consideration? How about Duke or the others?
3. He said a lot of nice stuff about ISU.
4. I will agree the Skype thing was lame, but that is all I would agree to then.
5. If it was low key you would be ******** anyway. There is no low key for elite recuits anymore.

In the end you people want something to cry about, it is about that is done well here.

He said nothing about Coach Mac even though he mentioned every other school.

He also said Capel resurrected the OU program....WTH?

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'd say it's possible, but I'd say it's just as likely she stays home with his sister while she goes to school. Just speaking as a parent, a lot of time and effort has been spent on HB over the last however many years, if it were me I would probably think it was time to focus on my other child and let her do her own thing as she grows up and goes to high school.
There is a lot of personal stuff in those sentences that raise a lot of questions in my mind. However, I am choosing not to comment in the interest of civility and good taste.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
There is a lot of personal stuff in those sentences that raise a lot of questions in my mind. However, I am choosing not to comment in the interest of civility and good taste.
I give you permission to comment on my opinion.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
You guys haven't gotten this all sorted out yet?

:wink:

I'm gonna come off real nerdy here but all these HB threads and posts make me kind of think of the scene from lord of the rings where the ents get together for a few hours and all they accomplished saying was hello.

Reactions: The_Architect