NFL: the Getting assaulted with your own helmet brawl

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
He's not throwing him to the ground! He's dragging him on top of him in a textbook (in 2019) QB tackle. Are we watching the same play?

Yep my opinion doesn't matter because I'm a Browns fan. Yet no one is disputing anything besides saying "Not true" while I'm giving video evidence to the contrary. Also you have the same arguments I'm giving from different people one at a time. They don't get called idiotic.

Why do I as a Browns fan have to preface anything about the situation? Obviously he should be suspended. It's a dumb act that should be disciplined. Just because Garrett took it to another level doesn't mean everyone else is a saint.

How was it cheap when he literally just finished the tackle and even did it the 2019 way of pulling Rudolph on top of him?

"Rudolph started it"

No

"Garrett might've went over the line."

Horrible take.

"6 games is definitely too much."

Again you'd have to be an idiotic, clearly biased Browns fan to have this take.

As I posted before, Rudolph should be suspended for the nut punch, but Garrett's actions are in no way defendable, which every post of yours in here seems to make an attempt at.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yep my opinion doesn't matter because I'm a Browns fan.

source.gif

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Maybe it's because Rudolph was sort of a ***** in the post-game interview last night (which ESPN cut away from to cover Garrett), but it felt pretty clear that he was saying crap in addition to fumbling at Garrett's helmet to start this. Garrett was just better at it - and had less self-control Not a good combination to a game that was getting really chippy.

Mason kinda comes off as a whiny ***** but definitely not deserving of that hit...

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
"Rudolph started it"

No

"Garrett might've went over the line."

Horrible take.

"6 games is definitely too much."

Again you'd have to be an idiotic, clearly biased Browns fan to have this take.

As I posted before, Rudolph should be suspended for the nut punch, but Garrett's actions are in no way defendable, which every post of yours in here seems to make an attempt at.

6 games is the suspension for domestic violence in 2019. What's worse? 2 guys getting in a fight on the field or a guy beating his wife? The NFL set that precedent not me. Would you honestly say that this is worse than what Ray Rice did?

I never said his actions were defendable. I called it a dumb decision and he should be suspended. You guys are just ignoring all context, blatantly lying, and calling for his lifetime ban.

You're overreacting to a fight which if Rudolph didn't instigate and further escalate a couple of times (again Garrett ended it in the most stupid manner using the helmet as a weapon. That's a line that he crossed) then it would've just been fines all around and a minor story to this game.

• Dumb
Reactions: Doc

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Not defending Garrett whatsoever, but Rudolph wasn't innocent at all. Plus, he's got a very punchable face

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If that is true it might be relevant to any discipline for Rudolph, but nothing a player said should alleviate any of the responsibility for the violent and dangerous actions of Garrett in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. I think Garrett is making a mistake even appealing. Just accept the punishment, show some contrition and take action to show you're serious with some anger management counseling or something. But pushing for a definitive number might make things even worse.

And frankly, I don't know if anybody will believe this allegation. Why would this just be coming out now, a week after it happened and Garrett already publicly apologized to Rudolph? Doesn't add up. Of course if Rudolph did say something and an on-field mic picked it up then it's a different story but again, a week after the fact you would think something like that would have come out by now.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, I agree. I think Garrett is making a mistake even appealing. Just accept the punishment, show some contrition and take action to show you're serious with some anger management counseling or something. But pushing for a definitive number might make things even worse.

And frankly, I don't know if anybody will believe this allegation. Why would this just be coming out now, a week after it happened and Garrett already publicly apologized to Rudolph? Doesn't add up.
It is curious that he didn't mention it before but I don't think the public apology has any bearing. How can I say that something said to him doesn't absolve him in any way of his actions but at the same time believe that he shouldn't have apologized even if a racial slur was used?

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Uh yeah, a racial slur that nobody heard and you didn't mention until your lawyer started pleading your case -more despicable behavior from what's looking like a bad human. Week 1: Punched Titans TE Delanie Walker after whistle. Week 2: Ended Jets QB Trevor Siemian's season on very late hit.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Even if Mason said it, which I highly doubt, someone saying a racial slur never justifies assault.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He really expects people to believe that he didn't mention this racial slur in his post games comments? He didn't "leak it" the next day when was getting destroyed by the national media? He was just holding on to the "he said something racist" defense until his appeal?

Please.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
In this situation, it wouldn't have been possible for Rudolph to say anything that his own teammates wouldn't have been able to hear unless he whispered a racial slur directly to Garrett. They were essentially fighting on the ground, it would be really odd to whisper to someone during a fight.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron