The Future of Iowa State Football...

FlashGordon

Dec 14, 2008
Ames
That's what we said about Chizik. Here's hoping for a Bolt upgrade. (Of course, you can argue that they played the defensive scheme they wanted before they had the athletes to make it work--I don't want to completely throw Bolt under the bus.)
True, but I'm in overoptimistic mode. It's rare, I have to run with it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I gotta give JP some due here. I saw him today with his wife at their oldest son's basketball game in Ankeny early this afternoon. They also had their youngest son James with them. JP was pretty low key but did have some ISU loyals come up to him and thank him for his choice of head coach.

Considering the weather, I was impressed by the fact that after the week he had to endure, that his family is still important to him as ever. Pretty powerful speech also.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Money is a Cyclone. That's it. We were totally shocked by Chizik leaving because it didn't line up with what he was telling us. but there are no hard feelings.

The question was if Gene contacted him at all after Gene bolted to Auburn. Many fans are just curious how wide the "poaching" by Gene had spread.

Glad this one is over. Welcome to ISU. :)

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
As long as I'm in pro-wrestling mode tonight with my new avatar...

Does Darius have a "million dollar belt" that he'll be bringing with him? :smile:

54245ec01323f47i3.jpg

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Welcome ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD.

sorry, had to.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Does he return punts? We sure could use a threat there.

YES INDEED!!! Well that was one of the things that the former coach, whom we will not bring up anymore because we are focused on the future, told him. But like I said, he will be where ever the team needs him. He is up to 200lbs, and hopes to get to 215 by the summer.

Reactions: Jonecy

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Is it next August yet?

It is amazing what a difference a day can make in my excitement for next year. At the end of this season, before our old coach left, I was thinking I might finally be able to enjoy my summer without such strong anticipation for the end of the summer. But that dream has been ruined! Thanks a lot, Paul Rhoads and Darius Reynolds. :jimlad:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
YES INDEED!!! Well that was one of the things that the former coach, whom we will not bring up anymore because we are focused on the future, told him. But like I said, he will be where ever the team needs him. He is up to 200lbs, and hopes to get to 215 by the summer.

I like your take on the former coach. Welcome to the family.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron