"The Blind Side"

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
This has become my favorite movie of all time since the first time I watched it, amazing movie, amazing story, and having sandra bullock in it didn't hurt either. SJ rocks!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This has become my favorite movie of all time since the first time I watched it, amazing movie, amazing story, and having sandra bullock in it didn't hurt either. SJ rocks!
Favorite movie of all time? Is it the only movie you've ever seen? Because that would be the only explanation I would accept.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The whole movie is BS. Ole Miss payed that family and set forth the process of them adopting him.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It is VERY DISNAFIED

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Can't state how disappointed I was in this film. Just rented it last week and after all the good things I had heard about it, I was shocked at what a poor job of storytelling was done. Great story and material, but it was done in a simplistic over done almost cartoonish style. Every turn you could see coming from about 5 minutes out and many parts were not believable.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
The whole movie is BS. Ole Miss payed that family and set forth the process of them adopting him.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It is VERY DISNAFIED

You truly are "that guy" aren't you? Some people do things like that, especially those with money that can afford it.

MonsterBack

Sep 7, 2008
Parts Unknown
The nicest thing I can say about The Blind Side is that Lou Holtz and Nick Saban's acting was almost as good as Bob Knight and George Raveling in Blue Chips.

The football scenes fell somewhere on the quality scale between the TV shows 'Against The Grain' and 'Friday Night Lights'. If they improved the football scenes a bit, it might make them movie quality, like, say...Necessary Roughness.

To be fair, the dude that played Michael Oher was awesome as Precious.

Can someone tell me where I can take one of those "Protective Instinct" tests?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Great story, terrible movie. At one point Oher gets distracted by balloons DURING A PLAY in practice, rendering him incapable of blocking. Then I believe there is some montage or epiphany, and 15 minutes later he literally blocks a kid 70 yards, through the endzone, and ends up pushing him until he topples over the fence.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Great story, terrible movie. At one point Oher gets distracted by balloons DURING A PLAY in practice, rendering him incapable of blocking. Then I believe there is some montage or epiphany, and 15 minutes later he literally blocks a kid 70 yards, through the endzone, and ends up pushing him until he topples over the fence.

I agree that there were things thrown into the movie that were not realistic and obviously embellished, but I kind of looked past that to the base story within.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Something tells me that those that hate blind side also hate well pretty much everything that they didn't make. well that and professional "wrestling"

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Something tells me that those that hate blind side also hate well pretty much everything that they didn't make. well that and professional "wrestling"

Ok I am not a movie snob or anything, that movie was just corny and the took a great story and were lazy. How does some of that stuff make it into a hollywood movie?

MonsterBack

Sep 7, 2008
Parts Unknown
Nice try. People who don't gush over the crap you like MUST have something wrong with them.
I don't "hate" Blind Side. I just think it was laughable as part of any "best ever" or Academy Award conversation.
I've worked on worse movies, and also worked on better movies than Blind Side.
Michael Oher himself wasn't thrilled about the movie.

Oh, and I have zero interest in professional wrestling.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

Because they butchered a great story? I know most people I talked to really liked it. But they weren't very big football fans- and since I am, I thought it was going to be a good football movie. And I was let down. If I had gone into the movie thinking it was going to be a comedy with a Remember the Titans feel, I may have left with a different opinion. But this movie was far from R the T quality.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas
I saw this movie this afternoon and came away very, very impressed. Great story, very heart-warming and inspirational without being overly preachy or sappy. Sandra Bullock gives a great performance and also, it must be added, looks smokin' hot in it as well.

We had our annual company meeting with our clients in April in Las Vegas. Our keynote speakers were Leann and Sean Touey. Tremendous story that took on a life of it`s own. They said that Michael would have been dead within 6 months if things did not happen the way they did. He was to become a "protector" for a gang leader, and would not have survived in all likelyhood. Sandra Bullock`s team was glued to Leann so she could mimmick her right down to using her mekeup during the shoot. Morale of the story was that if a boy like Michael, who was 1st round NFL talent, could almost fall through the cracks, how many other kids that can be contributers to society fall through the cracks every day!

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
In the Epilogue to the book, the author Michael Lewis explains that he was close friends with Sean Tuohy and his family before he started writing the book. The text doesn't include a shred of doubt about the motivations of the family.

Nearly half of the book is hard-core football strategy. Lewis interviewed the D'Brickashaw Ferguson and his family extensively, only to leave in all on the cutting room floor. There are hard-luck stories all over college football, Blind Side is just a super-embellished one.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas
In the Epilogue to the book, the author Michael Lewis explains that he was close friends with Sean Tuohy and his family before he started writing the book. The text doesn't include a shred of doubt about the motivations of the family.

Nearly half of the book is hard-core football strategy. Lewis interviewed the D'Brickashaw Ferguson and his family extensively, only to leave in all on the cutting room floor. There are hard-luck stories all over college football, Blind Side is just a super-embellished one.

What did he infer were the motivations of the family?