TEXAS WANTED BAYLOR OUT BACK IN 2016...

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Kick Baylor OUT! Now! (and DO NOT add another Texas school.)

Arkansas should be the #1 focus along with the Arizona schools to add to the conference. (Pac 12 is hemorrhaging $$$ due to the failure that is the Pac 12 network) and institutions can make more $$$ landing in the Big 12.

Also, is there a penalty for any SEC institutions to leave their conference?

Heck, Arkansas grants in-state tuition to KC area students as well. They even have a border-state tuition break program.

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBl...s-adds-to-border-state-tutition-break-program

I hope Big 12 leadership is targeting UA, ASU, Ark. In 2024, there is going to be a huge shake-up.

There is no penalty for SEC teams to leave as they all want to be there or there are teams willing to jump in. Why would Arkansas want to leave?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
There is no penalty for SEC teams to leave as they all want to be there or there are teams willing to jump in. Why would Arkansas want to leave?

They never win ANYTHING. Perhaps they would feel that their odds to win in various sports could improve if they played in a more natural geographical conference?

They have a ton of history with Texas. Neighbor the state of Oklahoma. They have never been one of the powers in the SEC. Could recruit Texas a lot better being a Big 12 institution. Could improve their academic stock tying themselves to the Big 12. It's not a bad option for them, in fact, could be very lucrative.

Just some thoughts I'm sure their leadership would consider.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Kick Baylor OUT! Now! (and DO NOT add another Texas school.)

Arkansas should be the #1 focus along with the Arizona schools to add to the conference. (Pac 12 is hemorrhaging $$$ due to the failure that is the Pac 12 network) and institutions can make more $$$ landing in the Big 12.

Also, is there a penalty for any SEC institutions to leave their conference?

Heck, Arkansas grants in-state tuition to KC area students as well. They even have a border-state tuition break program.

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBl...s-adds-to-border-state-tutition-break-program

I hope Big 12 leadership is targeting UA, ASU, Ark. In 2024, there is going to be a huge shake-up.

People watch games. Texas has almost 3 times as many people as Arizona + Arkansas. Of the major population states, Texas is the only one where the Big 12 has a foothold. What sense would it make for the Big 12 to drop their exposure by 1/3 in the second most populous state in the nation?

I really don't understand the fascination with Arkansas. I guess they have a decent fan base size. Since the 2010 census, Texas grew by more people than Arkansas' population.

Is there any credible information anywhere that Baylor is getting kicked out? The lawsuits resulting from the Big 12 trying to evict them would mire the conference for years and likely cost the conference $$$$$$. If the slap on the wrist that the Big Ten/NCAA tried to impose on PSU can't stand up in court, I really doubt that the Big 12 trying to evict BU has a chance either.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
People watch games. Texas has almost 3 times as many people as Arizona + Arkansas. Of the major population states, Texas is the only one where the Big 12 has a foothold. What sense would it make for the Big 12 to drop their exposure by 1/3 in the second most populous state in the nation?

I really don't understand the fascination with Arkansas. I guess they have a decent fan base size. Since the 2010 census, Texas grew by more people than Arkansas' population.

Is there any credible information anywhere that Baylor is getting kicked out? The lawsuits resulting from the Big 12 trying to evict them would mire the conference for years and likely cost the conference $$$$$$. If the slap on the wrist that the Big Ten/NCAA tried to impose on PSU can't stand up in court, I really doubt that the Big 12 trying to evict BU has a chance either.

I doubt it will happen. However, it depends on the contract Baylor signed with the big 12. If they have reasons in the contract to give them the boot. There would be no reporcusions. The NCAA doing that to Penn State was a whole different deal.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
i couldnt find anything about that when i searched. I did see that Houston had the footings built in for rapid expansion.

False, check their website. Its in the 23k range.

It sure as hell brings more audience than fort collins. You don't have to be the most popular option in a city of 6 million people to still draw quite a few, if elevated. The fort collins area is only a few hundred thousand people, in comparison. Not selling out their current stadium is rather irrelevant. The whole point is what they would draw if elevated. People don't go to Houston games because no one wants to watch non-P5 competition. Elevate them to P5 and suddenly theyre better competition vs other options.

The CSU thing is a weird obsession among ISU fans. They really add almost nothing. Colorado wasn't a loss when they left, adding their more minor little brother is makes no sense at all.

A Houston game against a Big 12 opponent, especially Texas and OU, would have a much higher attendance than current AAC games.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Baylor couldn't legally do anything if the conference wants them gone when the current GOR ends. If the rest of the conference wants them out, there are stipulations in the Big 12 charter agreement to make it happen. Baylor agreed to play by those rules.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Texas is also part of that agreement. Know a lot of kids from the DFW area that go to Arkansas because it is easier to get into and almost as close as UT, TTU, TAMU.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If at the end of the GOR, if Texas tells the other Big 12 schools they want Baylor gone, and they will sign for another 15 years if it happens. Baylor would be an after thought.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This seems like the unofficial thread for piling on Baylor.

Last night, ex-Baylor hoopster Rico Gathers, on the bubble of making the Cowboys as a TE, was busted for possession of weed.On the weekend that cuts are made ... Shaking my head.

That's still better behavior than most of the football team under Briles though, seemingly.

Baylor FAN 3

Aug 29, 2018
I wish everyone would stop with the fiction that it was Ann Richardson, former Baylor alum and Texas Gov, that kept Baylor in the Big 12. The Texas Gov has VERY LITTLE power. The speaker of the house is where the real power lies, and during that time it was Bob Bullock (speaker of the house) that kept Baylor in the Big 12. Bullock graduated from Baylor Law School. Also, State Senator David Sibley played a large part too. It was NOT Ann Richardson

Baylor FAN 3

Aug 29, 2018
Baylor isn't going any where. All the schools I have seen suggested stink compared to Baylor. Baylor Soccer, Baylor Tennis (men's and women's), Baylor Golf (men's and women's), Baylor Basketball (men and women), Baylor Softball, and most likely Baylor Football have performed very highly. They bring great competition to the Big 12. No one else does. Football has been cleaned up and with Ruhl they are going to be tough again.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If at the end of the GOR, if Texas tells the other Big 12 schools they want Baylor gone, and they will sign for another 15 years if it happens. Baylor would be an after thought.

Stabilize the conference for years to come AND get rid of the conference embarrassment? Is there anyone in the conference that wouldn't happily sign that deal? I mean, besides OU, who has clearly replaced A&M for the role of "Texas-envy"?