Texas losing to Tenn St

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In the UNI game thread I posted that UNI's motivation, discipline and intensity make up for the lack of athleticism they have compared to a Big 12 opponent. I got several "laugh" icons at me.

I'm not sure how anyone who has ever watched Texas basketball could laugh at or disagree with that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In the UNI game thread I posted that UNI's motivation, discipline and intensity make up for the lack of athleticism they have compared to a Big 12 opponent. I got several "laugh" icons at me.

I'm not sure how anyone who has ever watched Texas basketball could laugh at or disagree with that.

People confuse 'boring' style of play for bad basketball, when those teams are still efficient just in a different kind of way and win plenty of games.

Texas right now plays like a YMCA league team...they did last year too so I'm not sure what's going to change.

Reactions: keepngoal

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I turned the last 5 minutes off. What did I miss? The game actually ended up in the 40's? whoa
Tennessee State guy chucked a shot from 30 ft away with 9 seconds left and air balled it horribly then couldn’t foul Texas in the time that was left.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
47-46? Yuck

I had to check ESPN just to make sure that was right. That's worse than Big X scoring. I think we should play zone even if we've never practiced because it's not like it needs to be good.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Look...I agree the jury is still out on Smart. But its still never easy, ask Duke. Probably best not to take too much out of last nights Texas game. Still remember the time Holberg's one team played Texas and they were shooting 3's as a team less than 20% when we went into the game. Can't remember how many they hit, but they made us pay big time hitting everything. But I'm with many of you who are tired of seeing the amount of talent they continue to reel in, regardless of their results/ attendance/ etc.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Smart might be the next McDermott. Good at a level but the big time is not for him. Gmacc is doing great things at Creighton

I think at this point, Creighton is big time, just not a blue blood. His recruiting amazes me, he really has continued to reel in some good talent and good transfers. Don't want to rehash it over and over again, but it still perplexes me as to why the ISU gig went so awry for him.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Losing Jones was huge. He was their best offensive player and they ran a lot of things through him. Also a good defender. But it sounds like he will be back at some point.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Look...I agree the jury is still out on Smart. But its still never easy, ask Duke. Probably best not to take too much out of last nights Texas game. Still remember the time Holberg's one team played Texas and they were shooting 3's as a team less than 20% when we went into the game. Can't remember how many they hit, but they made us pay big time hitting everything. But I'm with many of you who are tired of seeing the amount of talent they continue to reel in, regardless of their results/ attendance/ etc.
That one was 100% on a certain poster who guaranteed that there was no way Texas would beat ISU.

You know who you are...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think at this point, Creighton is big time, just not a blue blood. His recruiting amazes me, he really has continued to reel in some good talent and good transfers. Don't want to rehash it over and over again, but it still perplexes me as to why the ISU gig went so awry for him.

With the negative reaction to this post I wonder if people realize Creighton is now in the Big East and in the worst years the Big East is still the 3rd or 4th best conference.

Creighton is a major basketball program, they win, they're in a top conference, they're consistently top 20 in the nation in attendance. If they aren't majpr then I guess only about 5-7 programs are considered major programs.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
With the negative reaction to this post I wonder if people realize Creighton is now in the Big East and in the worst years the Big East is still the 3rd or 4th best conference.

Creighton is a major basketball program, they win, they're in a top conference, they're consistently top 20 in the nation in attendance. If they aren't majpr then I guess only about 5-7 programs are considered major programs.
I'm guessing most don't follow him at all after he was bad at Iowa St, and at the time, stepped down a level to the MVC.

When you step back and look at what he has done, to be able to make Creighton better, after moving to a power conference, is very impressive.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron