Texas losing to Tenn St

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Texas looking bad again and a crap load of fans looking like empty seats. How do they get these recruits every year and do nothing with them?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
7 points in 12 minutes, wow.

Zone is bothering them. Announcer Fran F. is right, Texas plays better with 'havoc'. Problem is, when we play them, I doubt we'll be in a zone like TennSt. Don't think we've played any zone yet, have we? Hopefully they'll still struggle from '3' tho when we play, cuz we'll most likely have to double down on Bamba. What a tower. Btw, Jericho Sims (the freshman from Minn.,who I thought people said we came in second on?) will be a good one down the road. Talented.
Guessing this game will probably be all Texas the second half, tho. Kinda like our Alcorn St. game.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Zone is bothering them. Announcer Fran F. is right, Texas plays better with 'havoc'. Problem is, when we play them, I doubt we'll be in a zone like TennSt. Don't think we've played any zone yet, have we? Hopefully they'll still struggle from '3' tho when we play, cuz we'll most likely have to double down on Bamba. What a tower. Btw, Jericho Sims (the freshman from Minn.,who I thought people said we came in second on?) will be a good one down the road. Talented.
Guessing this game will probably be all Texas the second half, tho. Kinda like our Alcorn St. game.
Yes we have played zone.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wonder how long Smart can continue to have marginal teams.

This will still be like last year's TX team in that you still need to play well to win.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Texas will be better once Jones is back. Of course KU gets their game in Austin out of the way while he’s out.

Smart isn’t doing a great job there.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Yes we have played zone.

Okay, just couldn't recall when. Guessing for a few possessions in the Carolina tournament perhaps???

See where Indiana is losing to Ft. Wayne by double digits after just knocking off rated Notre Dame. Man, these 'buy' games before Christmas are wacko. Will be interesting if our guys will be focused at all for Maryland Eastern Shore.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Hope they both pull it out, keep B12 looking BA.

Yeah losses to mid major team at this point of the non-con just hurts the conference and metrics for ISU if they pull out the wins once the B12 starts.
The Big 10 teams can keep the dream of the small school upset alive.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
How has Texas won 7 games? This is the first I've watched them and they don't look bad, they look absolutely terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84