aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
again-hangover-part-two.gif

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Looks like I won’t be able to watch it on Hulu Live even though espn+ is part of the bundle. Guess I’m gonna have to find an alternative website.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Have we as a fan base shown a history of somehow signing up for LHN? Or why is it that we are ALWAYS one of designated conference games on it. We aren’t bad, it’s typically been a ranked matchup outside of the lean Prohm years. I guess if they have it contractually that 1-2 conference games have to be on LHN it seems weird that it’s ALWAYS against Iowa State. I honestly can’t remember the last time I have watched us play in Austin.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bars in Ames or Des Moines that have the Longhorn Network and will be showing the game?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Have we as a fan base shown a history of somehow signing up for LHN? Or why is it that we are ALWAYS one of designated conference games on it. We aren’t bad, it’s typically been a ranked matchup outside of the lean Prohm years. I guess if they have it contractually that 1-2 conference games have to be on LHN it seems weird that it’s ALWAYS against Iowa State. I honestly can’t remember the last time I have watched us play in Austin.
I would guess that people know ISU fans will pay to watch their team. That's why KU vs ISU was on ESPN+ many years. That's why they put the Chiefs on Peacock. Even if I could, I wouldn't pay a dime to UT. BUT this is the only time I won't pay money to watch my guys play.

Reactions: cytor

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Bars in Ames or Des Moines that have the Longhorn Network and will be showing the game?
Bars that have Directv (which is a good amount I suspect) should be able to get the game.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
IIRC it was a concession Jamie made to UT to demonstrate our willingness to be a good conference partner.

So, a lot of good that did...

• Puke
Reactions: mynameisjonas

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
IIRC it was a concession Jamie made to UT to demonstrate our willingness to be a good conference partner.

So, a lot of good that did...

So it was a concession that ISU made, on behalf of the conference, to keep Texas happy?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
So it was a concession that ISU made, on behalf of the conference, to keep Texas happy?
I'm not exactly sure, but I remember JP saying something about how we need to do stuff like play on LHN to keep Texas happy in the Big 12 because some of the other schools made a gigantic stink.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm not exactly sure, but I remember JP saying something about how we need to do stuff like play on LHN to keep Texas happy in the Big 12 because some of the other schools made a gigantic stink.

Ok, I always wondered why it always seemed to be us playing on the longhorn network so much, while every other school got out of it. Things are probably different now, but I guess I am disappointed in the other schools not joining us in this initiative. In hindsight, it didn't do us or the conference any good.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Is Stream East still a safe (ish) option?
I've watched a couple of 49er games on Streameast without issue but haven't tried a college football game yet. Don't know the availability of the game on that site and maybe I was lucky, but I personally would not rule out that option.

Reactions: aauummm

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
Dish Network has the Longhorn Network. In fact they have all the college networks Big 10,SEC,ACC and Pac 12. But they got rid of the regional sports networks that cover MLB,NBA and NHL. It's been close to five years now that they dumped most of the RSN's.

Help Support Us

Become a patron