Texas Game Attendance

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Paid or actual? I would think paid will be way higher than that and actual will be at least 55K. I suspect there are a lot of fans waffling right now and they'll make it out tomorrow night.
All I know is I am making it from the Quad Cities, hope to be in the lot at 1 pm! There are six home games this year and then it is a long winter/summer until we do it again. Show up!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
My brother just picked up 4 together on the 25 yard line for under $20 per ticket. Honestly that's just embarassing. Do me a favor, stop calling out other fan bases when we can't even take care of our house.
If anything it's clear Iowa has more insecure fans.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You won your Super Bowl, now enjoy your season.

Last edited:

Hornsfan5

Sep 27, 2017
Hey everybody, a buddy and I are going to the game tomorrow. Traveling to Ames for the first time. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the great tailgating experience at Iowa State. Since we don't know anyone up there we are looking for any guidance possible about where to park and where to hangout before the game(best tailgates spots) because I am a Texas fan and am going to need copious amounts of alcohol before I can step into another stadium and watch this team. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Going to be a great game

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I'll be in the lots at 2 o'clock with an ice cold Busch light in hand

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Hey everybody, a buddy and I are going to the game tomorrow. Traveling to Ames for the first time. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the great tailgating experience at Iowa State. Since we don't know anyone up there we are looking for any guidance possible about where to park and where to hangout before the game(best tailgates spots) because I am a Texas fan and am going to need copious amounts of alcohol before I can step into another stadium and watch this team. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Going to be a great game
Public lots are south west of the stadium in the grass fields. There is tailgating going on just about everywhere. Go Clones!

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

http://www.cyclones.com/images/2017/2/1/football_parking.jpg

The G lots (except G6 and 7) and Vet Med are public parking for $20. G2 and G3 and often called the student lot, but a lot of non-students park there. I think maybe more students have been trying to go to the haunted forest lot off of S. 4th near the stadium. (The public lots around Hilton, B1-2, C1-2, are usually available but with the weekday game, I think they are letting students who usually remote park at the stadium park there.)

We usually go to the tranquil Vet Med lot because it is easier to get out of after the game and very chill. Sometimes if our student son wants us to help get them a bigger area for their group, we will park in G2 or G3.

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Best tailgating is the grass lots south of the stadium, corner of South 16th St and University Blvd. If you want to park in these grass lots, it's $20.00 for a spot. Otherwise you can park on a side street somewhere and walk over. Ames also has Uber if you just want to be dropped off at the lots.

Welcome and enjoy.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Not if you look where you're going.
ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron