Texas Game Attendance

Hornsfan5

Sep 27, 2017
How's everyone feeling about the game in general? Just curious about what the expectation of the fan base is for this game. I know Texas fans aren't feeling too confident about this one

• Friendly
Reactions: isu2014

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
How's everyone feeling about the game in general? Just curious about what the expectation of the fan base is for this game. I know Texas fans aren't feeling too confident about this one
Nothing will surprise me. As good as your D looked against USC, I expect a higher scoring game (both teams in the 30's at least). I think it will come down to a 1 score game; unfortunately for us we haven't been good in close games lately.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly it's a bit surprising to me that there are so many cheap tickets. This is a big time game.

If there were more wins last year, and ISU were sitting at 3-0, I think it'd be different.

Things may get decent in the future, but I'm not so sure the excitement's quite there yet.

Win Thursday, and we'll start to see it.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I hope the place will look great on TV, normally it does but Thursday nights scare me.

I'll be yelling from home. My prediction is ISU 37 Texas 21. ISU gets one defensive score.
ISU offense is legit and D is getting better. Park, IMO, is a better qb than Darnold at USC and we will start to see that tomorrow night!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Most on Shaggy Texas are pretty confident. I think you guys win but hopefully we're within a couple scores.

• Disagree

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Cyclone fans haven't been confident about football in my lifetime and I'm old.

Wondering how you guys are feeling about hiring another former Cyclone offensive coordinator? Mack won a NC, but by the time of the 2013 Jeremiah George strip fumble return officiating travesty, a lot of Texas fans wanted him to just stay in Ames. It could become a Bulls fan/Cyclone basketball coach loathing thing lol.

Hornsfan5

Sep 27, 2017
I've seen too much of this roster to be confident. Especially on the road. Texas just doesn't know how to win against an opponent that wants it as bad as they do. I think it's going to be a close game. I can see this one going either way. 31-28 kinda game

• Agree

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly it's a bit surprising to me that there are so many cheap tickets. This is a big time game.

Dude it’s thursday night. I’ll be there, but I’m bringing all of my kids because we just don’t know what to do with all of them. I know it’s a big spot to have the Espn game but man it’s a huge pain in a lot of ways for many people.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Dude it’s thursday night. I’ll be there, but I’m bringing all of my kids because we just don’t know what to do with all of them. I know it’s a big spot to have the Espn game but man it’s a huge pain in a lot of ways for many people.
Bring the kids and all their friends. Kids = fans in the stands and Future Cyclones! Remember, you are investing in their future. You are very noble.

Ty4cy1104

Sep 1, 2012
Nevada, IA
Scored tickets through my wife's work in the Sukup End Zone Club seating. I've never sat in an endzone for a game before? Seems like viewing the game might be difficult, but access to beer makes up for that. Thoughts on others experience from these seats? Also, is the food free?

Reactions: NWICY

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
LOL at Iowa fans trolling here, trying to make themselves feel better for having 5k fans dress as empty seats in their shrinking stadium for a primetime Saturday matchup against a Top 5 team, by somehow trying to equate Iowa State not selling out a Thursday night game against a 1-2 team.

Re-tweet.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Scored tickets through my wife's work in the Sukup End Zone Club seating. I've never sat in an endzone for a game before? Seems like viewing the game might be difficult, but access to beer makes up for that. Thoughts on others experience from these seats? Also, is the food free?

Food isn't free, seats aren't great IMO but the Sukup makes up for it.

• Informative
Reactions: Ty4cy1104

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Food isn't free, seats aren't great IMO but the Sukup makes up for it.
Agree with all said...you do have the big screen on the North side to look at when the ball is further down the field...I honestly like watching either offense work towards the South end...gives you a much different aspect than looking down on both teams from the side.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Agree with all said...you do have the big screen on the North side to look at when the ball is further down the field...I honestly like watching either offense work towards the South end...gives you a much different aspect than looking down on both teams from the side.

The Iowa game was my first JTS experience since 2002. (Bad fan)

I actually thought the video board on the north side was small. It needs to be expanded!

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
I hope the place will look great on TV, normally it does but Thursday nights scare me.

I'll be yelling from home. My prediction is ISU 37 Texas 21. ISU gets one defensive score.
ISU offense is legit and D is getting better. Park, IMO, is a better qb than Darnold at USC and we will start to see that tomorrow night!

LOLOLOL

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT

Would agree with others that said you're better off looking at the video board when the team is driving deep towards the North endzone. I've gotten used to the view though, and seeing the teams drive towards you in the SEZ is a cool perspective. The short lines for food and bathrooms, plus quick access to booze, other games playing on TV and being inside (especially when it's too hot/cold out) easily make up for the view.

• Informative
Reactions: Ty4cy1104

Help Support Us

Become a patron