Texas Game Attendance

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Looks like there are a lot of tickets available for the Texas game. I was hoping we could get close to 60k there, but thinking we'll be lucky to have 55k announced attendance. I understand it's a Thursday night, but if you're in the area - buy a ticket!
AND, if you have tickets to the game, leave the tailgating 15 min early, and show up in your seats before the game starts

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Scored tickets through my wife's work in the Sukup End Zone Club seating. I've never sat in an endzone for a game before? Seems like viewing the game might be difficult, but access to beer makes up for that. Thoughts on others experience from these seats? Also, is the food free?
First time in the end zone club tonight as well but have sat in the sections next to the Endzone. Pretty sure food is not free in the endzone club and if your higher up the vantage point isnt too bad. low near the field is pretty cool when ISU gets inside the 20 on that side of the field otherwise i find myself watching the video board a lot. Atmosphere is good though!

Reactions: Ty4cy1104

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Heading down from NWIA this afternoon and driving back afterwards. Hope the Cyclones make that drive back a little easier!

I've often parked in the rec center or power plant parking lots, but noticed someone mention in the parking thread to park at the Gateway. On google maps that seems like a shorter walk. Do many park there?

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
LOL at Iowa fans trolling here, trying to make themselves feel better for having 5k fans dress as empty seats in their shrinking stadium for a primetime Saturday matchup against a Top 5 team, by somehow trying to equate Iowa State not selling out a Thursday night game against a 1-2 team.

You have nearly 10,000 posts on an Iowa site that you've been on since 2007

You were acting like a twat as usual and made some incredibly stupid remarks re attendance last week....and absolutely had your ass handed to you

That beat down was so brutal, you didn't even bother to respond....just rolled on over here and started whining.

But TROLLING!!!!!!!!

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Scored tickets through my wife's work in the Sukup End Zone Club seating. I've never sat in an endzone for a game before? Seems like viewing the game might be difficult, but access to beer makes up for that. Thoughts on others experience from these seats? Also, is the food free?

Higher up the better. You will have to get there early to snag a table by the window.

• Informative
Reactions: Ty4cy1104

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't think we'll have any trouble with Iowa this week. The last game was a fluke.

Oh, we don't play Iowa this week?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
First time in the end zone club tonight as well but have sat in the sections next to the Endzone. Pretty sure food is not free in the endzone club and if your higher up the vantage point isnt too bad. low near the field is pretty cool when ISU gets inside the 20 on that side of the field otherwise i find myself watching the video board a lot. Atmosphere is good though!
I prefer watching from the end zones. I grew up watching game film with my father and the coaching staffs late at night where that was always our view point. Can study the game so much better. Gap assignments, formations, penalties, big plays, all more obvious to see from the end zones. As far as atmosphere, I haven't sat there in Jack Trice yet but we all know how amazing it can be on a night game in Ames! Have a great time, I'm jealous but then I remember I moved to South Florida, and it gets a little easier. :D

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Bringing a couple friends down after work. Probably just enough time to slam a couple Ol' Milwaukees!

giphy.gif

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You have nearly 10,000 posts on an Iowa site that you've been on since 2007

You were acting like a twat as usual and made some incredibly stupid remarks re attendance last week....and absolutely had your ass handed to you

That beat down was so brutal, you didn't even bother to respond....just rolled on over here and started whining.

But TROLLING!!!!!!!!

Message board police is here!

Not sure if there's anything more pathetic than grown men sharing a login for their rivals board.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: CY21 and isu2014

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
How's everyone feeling about the game in general? Just curious about what the expectation of the fan base is for this game. I know Texas fans aren't feeling too confident about this one
I think ISU takes it in a thrilling way. UT's defensive front 7 the X factor.

Dec 29, 2015
There might have been 51,000 tickets sold, but from being at the game - reminded me a the crowds of the 90's. Upper deck very bare. Disappointing

• Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron