Sweet Fancy Moses, Hawk all time great Connor McCaffery: back for 2022-23!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Those threads linked here have post after post saying "Don't play him".

I don't know what to tell them, do they even play attention?

Cykobabble

Oct 22, 2009
It wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't a fake tough guy whining about every foul.
Every time a something is called against Iowa, he is the first one off the bench pointing at the refs, just like Daddy. Thank goodness he and JoBo won't be on the roster next season and we won't have to watch their antics.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Think about this. Super senior Connor isn't better than freshman John Lickliter.

(From HR):
Connor has played 300 minutes this year. He's made 5 field goals and is shooting 17.9%. For those wondering, that's 1 field goal made per 60 minutes of game time.....

In 2009-10 John Lickliter played 175 minutes and amassed 12 made field goals. That's 1 field goal made per 15 minutes.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Every time a something is called against Iowa, he is the first one off the bench pointing at the refs, just like Daddy. Thank goodness he and JoBo won't be on the roster next season and we won't have to watch their antics.
Unfortunately.

Our chances of winning in Carver will go down if they aren’t in the rotation.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
(From HR):
Connor has played 300 minutes this year. He's made 5 field goals and is shooting 17.9%. For those wondering, that's 1 field goal made per 60 minutes of game time.....

In 2009-10 John Lickliter played 175 minutes and amassed 12 made field goals. That's 1 field goal made per 15 minutes.

Holy crap Lil Lick was easily better.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
People do understand that just about anyone in the country could make an entry pass to Garza right? To call that a talent is hilarious. Jesus Miller, you're better than that.
Yeah I commented on a different Hawk thread but that is the dumbest thing for "skill" I've ever heard.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Don't get me wrong, Connor isn't good and I'm totally loving Connor getting trashed on twitter but the reality is, his minutes are more about the other bench guys than him. They have severe deficits as a team in the front court. At times, they have had Connor playing the 4, more or less because the two young bigs and Sandfort are an even bigger liability. It doesn't justify all of is minutes but I think the discussion should be more about how the roster is put together.

They are a big 10 team with a decent recent history, they could have attracted guys in the portal but didn't even really try. They are ok this year, give them a legit p6 big and it's a totally different team, in the tourney for sure. I feel like the Connor is the whipping boy for Fran's failure to catch up with the times and the fact that his seat is so comfy he doesn't have to worry. He's taking the beating for his father and Barta.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
How many people in the history of the college game have played his kind of minutes and averaged more fouls thsn points?

This needs to be a thing with a tracker.
Stuart Nezlek his senior year scored 6 points in 9 (nice) minutes of game-play so 0.67 pts per minute.
Connor has 22 points in 296 minutes of game-play for 0.07 pts per minute.

For reference of course.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Don't get me wrong, Connor isn't good and I'm totally loving Connor getting trashed on twitter but the reality is, his minutes are more about the other bench guys than him. They have severe deficits as a team in the front court. At times, they have had Connor playing the 4, more or less because the two young bigs and Sandfort are an even bigger liability. It doesn't justify all of is minutes but I think the discussion should be more about how the roster is put together.

They are a big 10 team with a decent recent history, they could have attracted guys in the portal but didn't even really try. They are ok this year, give them a legit p6 big and it's a totally different team, in the tourney for sure. I feel like the Connor is the whipping boy for Fran's failure to catch up with the times and the fact that his seat is so comfy he doesn't have to worry. He's taking the beating for his father and Barta.

Iowa is not an attractive destination for guys in the portal though. What desirable player would want to sign up to play for Fran and friends?

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I was curious about how McCaffery's season compared historically, so I looked it up. Connor McCaffery is averaging the 10th fewest points per game of anyone who played in at least 15 games and 15 minutes per game since 2009-2010. Second fewest of any high major player. Also looks to have the second worst shooting efficiency of the 10 lowest scoring averages.

http://cbbref.com/tiny/4oRT4

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Portal when you're 15 deep and rampant nepotism ?

Reactions: heitclone and JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron