Sweet Fancy Moses, Hawk all time great Connor McCaffery: back for 2022-23!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A national writer calling 1.4 and 1.9 "a long term glue guy".

WTAF, did he lose a bet?
I think a far more insulting nickname would be chip off the ol’ block.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I always refer to the state championship game when he was a junior in high school.

No one in the history of basketball ever did a better job of standing in the corner.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I usually don’t post in these kind of threads but I did watch last night’s game because I wanted to see Purdue. Hawks go on a big run to cut an 18 point deficit down to 5 then Fran takes out 3 starters and puts in bench guys including Connor who chucked up a couple bad misses from three. Hawks never got closer. By the time he put the starters back in they were down double digits again. I could not figure out why Fran took so many better scorers out at once and why he would put Connor in at all in that situation. Hawk fans have a right to be pissed.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
There has literally never been a combination of players whose egos and antics are so egregiously disproportionate to their on court production than Jorbo and Connor.

normally the instigator types and $hit talkers that other teams hate are actually good. At something. But not them.

This is all made possible by the CR-IC Hawkeye circle jerk bubble that they grew up in where they’re still worshipped by die hard Hawkeye fans and local media.

I do not feel bad for either of them in the slightest because neither could be a worse person.

Bobo's crunch time contributions last night were a missed wide open three and a pass to a fan sitting courtside, ELITE!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I usually don’t post in these kind of threads but I did watch last night’s game because I wanted to see Purdue. Hawks go on a big run to cut an 18 point deficit down to 5 then Fran takes out 3 starters and puts in bench guys including Connor who chucked up a couple bad misses from three. Hawks never got closer. By the time he put the starters back in they were down double digits again. I could not figure out why Fran took so many better scorers out at once and why he would put Connor in at all in that situation. Hawk fans have a right to be pissed.

I'm by no means going to defend Fran's rotation decisions but he had to sub some guys out, they were gassed. If Iowa fans want to be pissed at Fran and his sub patterns I would go to the first half. There were some really bad lineups at times out there. Let this sink in. Purdue, who is one of the deepest teams in the country, played 9 guys last night. Iowa played 11. There is no way to even begin to justify that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It was mentioned in the twitter replies that Austin Ash has scored 9 more points than Connor this season in 233 less minutes.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
(going to put this here and the Iowa media thread)

I read some of the threads that were linked here and the posters were impressed how Painter trolled Fran by having his centers guard Conner (parked their ass right in the paint).

• Haha

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This was mentioned in the other thread that the TV crew said teams have to back off him because of his versatility.
I get the ballwashing from the local reporters. They've gotta keep Fran happy and being honest about his kid on the team would get the press credentials pulled. But when national guys do it, it doesn't make any sense. I can't remember, was the game on BTN? If that's the case then I kind of get it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I get the ballwashing from the local reporters. They've gotta keep Fran happy and being honest about his kid on the team would get the press credentials pulled. But when national guys do it, it doesn't make any sense. I can't remember, was the game on BTN? If that's the case then I kind of get it.

Sure makes me think they don't watch the games.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Fran makes some really strange coaching decisions. I can't believe he took his scorers out on the huge run last night to put in Connor. It's like he wanted Connor to be apart of the big comeback. It would be like us being down 15, Make a run and we immediately take out Brockington, Gabe, and Hunter. If I was a Hawkeye fan, I would be pissed

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Imagine being sooo sensitive to deny press credentials to media members for reporting on one little negative thing about the sports programs at Iowa

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Fran makes some really strange coaching decisions. I can't believe he took his scorers out on the huge run last night to put in Connor. It's like he wanted Connor to be apart of the big comeback. It would be like us being down 15, Make a run and we immediately take out Brockington, Gabe, and Hunter. If I was a Hawkeye fan, I would be pissed

Believe it, that will never change.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Where Connor's currently sitting at on the season:
22 pts
28 fouls
18% FGs (16% 3's)

How many people in the history of the college game have played his kind of minutes and averaged more fouls thsn points?

This needs to be a thing with a tracker.

• Agree