Sweet Fancy Moses, Hawk all time great Connor McCaffery: back for 2022-23!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
It has been wildly entertaining to watch the ebbs and flows of his career. You never know what Conner you're gonna get. Bounce pass Conner, more fouls than points Connor, laser brick 3 point shooter Conner, fake tough guy Conner, wouldn't play at any other P6 program Connor, not too bad as a 6th year senior Connor, there are just so many versions of him he is such an enigma even Hawkeye fans can't all agree if they love or hate him. You don't get to watch players like that often, but we've gotten to see it for the last 6 years.
I've always thought he's one of those classic "hate him if he's on your team, love him if he's on the other team" type of guys

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've always thought he's one of those classic "hate him if he's on your team, love him if he's on the other team" type of guys
I don't want my guys in the tunnel post game calling out officials by name.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
It has been wildly entertaining to watch the ebbs and flows of his career. You never know what Conner you're gonna get. Bounce pass Conner, more fouls than points Connor, laser brick 3 point shooter Conner, fake tough guy Conner, wouldn't play at any other P6 program Connor, not too bad as a 6th year senior Connor, there are just so many versions of him he is such an enigma even Hawkeye fans can't all agree if they love or hate him. You don't get to watch players like that often, but we've gotten to see it for the last 6 years.
You forgot remarkable baseball player Conner...;)

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I thought jorbo was the hawk I couldn't wait to see finally be done in a hawk uniform but Connor is right up there in the conversation.
You can still watch Jay Bowe playing in Des Moines for the G-League Wolves. Alongside his pal, former national player of the year Lukas Garcia. Can’t believe he isn’t in the NBA making stacks of money and getting his toes sucked by prostitutes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Eickholt is a moron but I don't totally disagree. Feel like Connor tried to play defense and had at least some fake guy toughness to him. The current Iowa team might be the softest D1 team I've ever seen

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Okay, David. I’m sure Connor would have stopped Tre in the post and kept Gilbert out of the lane

• Haha
Reactions: pourcyne

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Okay, David. I’m sure Connor would have stopped Tre in the post and kept Gilbert out of the lane

I'm sure a lot of NCAA players would be helpful if they got a 7th or 8th season in their mid to late 20s.

Haliburton would still be playing for ISU if he stayed as long as Connor and JoBo did.

Maybe we can suit up Melvin Ejim for the Big 12...sure do miss his shooting and toughness.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
What an odd take. Connor was pretty terrible for the majority of his career.

He was a worse defender than the guys they had out there last night and a much worse shooter.

His biggest contribution would have been some temper tantrums and his fake tough guy routine.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm sure a lot of NCAA players would be helpful if they got a 7th or 8th season in their mid to late 20s.

Haliburton would still be playing for ISU if he stayed as long as Connor and JoBo did.

Maybe we can suit up Melvin Ejim for the Big 12...sure do miss his shooting and toughness.

They could have really used BJ Armstrong and Acie Earl last night.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
They could have had Ronnie Lester and Sky King last night and they still would have lost.