Steal My Shovel, I'll Bury Your Car!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I would probably do the same thing if that was me.

I wish I would catch the neighbor(s) in action that let their dog crap in my lawn, I'd get a shovel and throw that into their lawn too. I have thrown tree branches over into a neighbor's yard before. She had one of her trees trimmed that was hanging over into my yard some and left those branches on my side instead of picking them up with the rest of hers so I just tossed them over the fence one night where they belonged. Same lady has ticked off the neighor next to her. Their drives are almost side by side with a small strip of grass between. Her downspouts point toward his house so he dug a trench in the grass spot and put in a drain and a tile that runs out to the curb. Well for some reason she was dumping her cat litter into the drain causing it to plug up so he told her either she stops plugging up the drain or he'll call the city and have them come out and make her re-route where her downspouts empty out to so they don't push water towards his house.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
That's awesome.

Did this once in high school to a couple of friends, with a shovel though.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I routinely move dog crap back to its owner's yard at night. I do not want to put it in my garbage or in my garden areas. Dual Labradors leave big messes.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Watched this video on KCCI.com... great way to get revenge!

It's asinine, and really pretty sad that this dude had to bury a woman's car with snow in order to make himself feel good. A real tough guy there...

Why not just put a note on her car window stating that he saw her take the shovel, and he'd like it back?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aclone

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Paranoid (creepy) guy monitoring the outside of his house with two security cameras? I'll pass on that neighborhood.

Humboldt Park is not a good area. It's really not that paranoid or creepy if you know the area. There are people trying to revitalize the area, but it's still very heavily populated with gangs. Gangland on the history channel even did a show on it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Paranoid (creepy) guy monitoring the outside of his house with two security cameras? I'll pass on that neighborhood.

The guys sells security surveillance systems for a living. I don't find it creepy at all, he probably gets a discount on the stuff and why wouldn't you use one at your own home so you know the product well when you sell it for a living?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I routinely move dog crap back to its owner's yard at night. I do not want to put it in my garbage or in my garden areas. Dual Labradors leave big messes.

I found that my son's air soft gun is a nice deterrent to dogs trying to do their business in my yard.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
It's asinine, and really pretty sad that this dude had to bury a woman's car with snow in order to make himself feel good. A real tough guy there...

Why not just put a note on her car window stating that he saw her take the shovel, and he'd like it back?

Question is...how did this end up as a news item? I couldn't watch the vid, so if they explained it in there, my apologies.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I would probably do the same thing if that was me.

I wish I would catch the neighbor(s) in action that let their dog crap in my lawn, I'd get a shovel and throw that into their lawn too. I have thrown tree branches over into a neighbor's yard before. She had one of her trees trimmed that was hanging over into my yard some and left those branches on my side instead of picking them up with the rest of hers so I just tossed them over the fence one night where they belonged. Same lady has ticked off the neighor next to her. Their drives are almost side by side with a small strip of grass between. Her downspouts point toward his house so he dug a trench in the grass spot and put in a drain and a tile that runs out to the curb. Well for some reason she was dumping her cat litter into the drain causing it to plug up so he told her either she stops plugging up the drain or he'll call the city and have them come out and make her re-route where her downspouts empty out to so they don't push water towards his house.

Funny_Pictures_88611.jpg
http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_886/Funny_Pictures_88611.jpg

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant

It appears he buried her car to make her use his shovel to dig it out. Watching her spend 4 hours digging her car out is worth the price of a shovel. She's a thief, I have no love for thieves. I say good for him.

rich4cy

Apr 11, 2006
used to do this in highschool all the time....a warning to all fanatics who may try it....dont put alot on top of the car as it can cause the top to bow and the windows will never roll up correctly.....happened in highshool...police got called...thank god i was fast...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Question is...how did this end up as a news item? I couldn't watch the vid, so if they explained it in there, my apologies.
Apparently the vis was so popular on Youtube(?), the evening news sent someone over to interview the guy.

Got it in one.

It appears he buried her car to make her use his shovel to dig it out. Watching her spend 4 hours digging her car out is worth the price of a shovel. She's a thief, I have no love for thieves. I say good for him.
Contrary to popular belief, two wrongs don't make a right. I don't need to go any further than that.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I did that to my brothers car at Christmas one year. We were messing around as brothers do and he shot me with a potato gun at 15 yards in the butt while I was on a dead run to get away. You've heard of golden BB's, well, he had a golden potato. Needless to say, a Russet potato leaves a deep bruise in the ole buttocks at 15 yards when fired from a potato gun.

He was bigger than me so I figured this was better revenge at the time. I guess he was just getting me back for hitting him multiple times with bottle rockets when we were younger.

:)

Z

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Heard a similar story about someone who stole a guy's condom.