*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Elite Eight ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Lucky Charms is a trash cereal that is coasting on childhood memories of marshmallows being in a cereal was somehow something tasty and not one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised.
Shhh Don't tell him about the all marshmallow Lucky Charms cereal.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
There's hyperbole, then there's this junk. Listen, I'm not going to pretend that I like the stuff now as an adult, but "one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised"?? If creating a top 10 most sold in the US brand is a bad thing, I guess? I'm betting those guys made out handsomely.

#7 on this list, and this random Massachusetts radio station has never steered me wrong before.

This link would have been helpful when we were seeding.

I tried finding all different kinds of most popular lists when putting a list together.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Lucky Charms is a trash cereal that is coasting on childhood memories of marshmallows being in a cereal was somehow something tasty and not one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised.
Frosted Lucky Charms are magically delicious, in addition to being an undeniable marketing success. 50+ year customer here. Maybe you are just mad that your mom didn't buy them for you....

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
I haven't eaten cereal on any consistent basis for probably 10 years or more but my favorite is, and probably always will be, Cinnamon Life.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I doubt there are many adults still regularly eating cereal for a meal but might indulge as a snack once in a while. We very rarely have any cereal in the house and we have a 10yo.
If you aren't eating cereal, what on earth are you doing for quick and easy breakfast? Not trying to insult, just genuinely curious. Cereal is all I can get my kid to eat for breakfast, granted he is 3.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
If you aren't eating cereal, what on earth are you doing for quick and easy breakfast? Not trying to insult, just genuinely curious. Cereal is all I can get my kid to eat for breakfast, granted he is 3.
Speaking for myself, almost never eat breakfast. And, if I do, it's on the weekend when I have the time to make a proper hot breakfast.

Granted, my wife and I are DINKs, so we don't need to feed any urchins before heading to work.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I usually have eggs and sausage, sometimes just a protein shake. Our 10yo prefers fruit, sausage and mini muffins with a glass of milk. Only takes a couple minutes to make.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I was always a cereal kid growing up but my wife is big on good breakfasts for the kids. Cereal in the morning is probably a once a year thing at our house.

It’s usually a combo of toast/waffles/pancakes, eggs, meat and fruit or yogurt. Basically every single day in whatever combo the kids are feeling. I get a little more creative on the weekends. It takes like 10-15 minutes to cook and even less if you don’t do any meat. Pretty quick and easy.