Spring Weather 2021

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With the apparent flipping of patterns here and most of the state forecasting highs near 50 this weekend I vote that it is time to flip over to a spring weather thread. Thanks to all that snow we had insulating the ground soil temperatures are looking quite good right now with frost less than three inches deep.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Loving the forecast so far. Would actually favor some rain over the next few days to really accelerate the melting.

I'm good with snow Nov-Feb. and after that it's time to go.

Yes I know it will likely still snow in March/April but it won't stay around for long.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wanted to ride the trestle trail from Slater to Woodward on Saturday. Got to the first gravel road just west of the grain elevator outside of Slater and it was nothing but snow covered bike path as far as I could see. I was bummed.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Wanted to ride the trestle trail from Slater to Woodward on Saturday. Got to the first gravel road just west of the grain elevator outside of Slater and it was nothing but snow covered bike path as far as I could see. I was bummed.

took the kids out to the Neil smith trail Sunday and found the same thing. I assume the snow will be gone here in the next day or two.

Reactions: cycloner29

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
"Alright the snow is finally melting!"

:: Looks at all the dog poop in my back yard ::

"Yah it can go ahead and snow again..."
Amended for my situation. Although honestly I would rather deal with the poop than more snow.

Reactions: c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Meh, meteorological spring is so iffy. So I bring your our Minnesota snow plow naming winners. Names soon to adorn eight Minnesota plows!

EvgKeMJXMAMM65a

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Up here, the Prairie Farmer trail (runs from Cresco to Calmar) is notorious for holding snow in some spots well into May, withstanding months of highs between 50-70 degrees.