Spring Game cost

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
That will suck if they dont have fanfest in August !! Take kids every year ! Spring game is upon us soon! Can Not Wait !

royhobbs09

Apr 11, 2006
Should we be charging for the Spring Game? Not sure anyone would no longer be attending if they charged $5 per person and the athletic department gets and extra $50,000. Do they sell concessions?

Maybe they could ear mark the money to bring back baseball. In 50 years of Spring Games, they should have enough money to do it. :jimlad:

Forgive me if I missed this, but what does it cost to get into the Spring Game?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Should we be charging for the Spring Game? Not sure anyone would no longer be attending if they charged $5 per person and the athletic department gets and extra $50,000. Do they sell concessions?

Maybe they could ear mark the money to bring back baseball. In 50 years of Spring Games, they should have enough money to do it. :jimlad:
Or they could do a "soap scrimmage" like we used to have in high school. For admission everyone had to bring a bar of soap. That was what we used in the locker room for the year.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Just got this email

Don't miss the 2012 Cyclone Gridiron Club Spring Game at 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 14 in Jack Trice Stadium. Admission is free!

In addition to catching an early glimpse of the 2012 football team, the new football schedule posters and schedule cards will be available for fans to pick up at the East Guest Services Booth and designated tables on the east concourse inside the stadium.

If you have questions about your season tickets or would like to order tickets for next year, the Athletics Ticket Office will be open from 1-3 p.m.

Cyclone gear from Cy's Locker Room will also be available for purchase on the plaza area on the north side of the Jacobson Athletic Building. Select items will be 50% off and provide a great opportunity to stock up for next season.

Fans should enter Jack Trice Stadium through Gate 1 on the north side of the stadium. Seating is limited to the east side only.

Parking is available first come, first serve in all A, B, C, and D lots. Lots S1-S8, E85, and the grass lots are closed to the general public. Click here to see the football parking map.

For information and regular updates, fans should visit cyclones.com

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
As an out of towner, I must say that not having the Spring Game the same weekend as VEISHEA is just stupid. Last year was great, I hate having to choose between the two and this year it could very well be neither. Its just a fail by the athletic department/university that they can't get this right.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I love the spring game and try to go every year as an excuse to tailgate and as a football filler to hold me off until fall. As much as I'd like to see the university make some money on the game and charge to get in, I know that most people wouldn't be willing to pay it beings how we have such low attendance even when it is free. Compare us to Nebraska where they sell out the spring game at $10/ticket. I've never been to one there, but I'd hope if they sell that many tickets, they put a little more effort to put on a bit more of a production for the game than ISU does. When it is free, you can't expect many bells and whistles and ISU doesn't have many bells and whistles.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Is there any time spent with players and coaches after game? I was thinking about bringing my grandsons and I know they would get excited about autographs and seeing and talking to the players

No. They have a lunch for the players and their parents and the coaches attend. Its usually a pretty decent lunch. Sat with Ricky Howard last year and he couldnt get over how great the food was in Iowa. Coach Rhoads sat with me for a little bit the year before and kept trying to get me to take home a pan full of pulled pork and a case of cookies. Its really pretty fun to see the coaches and players all together like that, they really do act like one huge family. Well, a family of all guys...with multiple fathers I guess?

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
Is there any time spent with players and coaches after game? I was thinking about bringing my grandsons and I know they would get excited about autographs and seeing and talking to the players

Coach Rhoads will speak to the Cyclone Gridiron Club Tailgate at 1pm. The Tailgate will be located on the north plaza of the stadium starting around 11am. Cyclone Fanatic will be broadcasting from the tailgate as well, so stop by and chat with with Chris Williams and Tron Smith too. No cost to attend, food available for purchase. More details at www.cyclonegridironclub.com

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
500,000 Schrute Bucks
Which equates to how many of these?
tumblr_lf1g3sOwvc1qc3np8o1_250.jpg

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
As an out of towner, I must say that not having the Spring Game the same weekend as VEISHEA is just stupid. Last year was great, I hate having to choose between the two and this year it could very well be neither. Its just a fail by the athletic department/university that they can't get this right.

yeah, this was a poor decision. Typically have had a bunch of friends in town for veishea that wont be making the spring game this year.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The Spring Game has been between April 14-19 every year since 2003.

VEISHEA's dates have been a moving target: April 12 twice, April 21 twice, April 22 once, not at all once.

The two events have only matched up four times in the last 10 years.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The Spring Game has been between April 14-19 every year since 2003.

VEISHEA's dates have been a moving target: April 12 twice, April 21 twice, April 22 once, not at all once.

The two events have only matched up four times in the last 10 years.

Since Rhoads got here, it had been on VEISHEA weekend. I believe it had even been mentioned at one point by rhoads how good it was that these were on the same weekend, and i definitely agree, the crowd has grown since the AD made the decision to make sure these were lined up. VEISHEA is usually set far in advance of when the AD sets the spring game as well, so its not really a moving target for the AD.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Who really goes to veishea other than my wife, along with other moms... and current students? I can understand every once in a while, but having to choose? Is the ice cream social or cherry pies that important?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Who really goes to veishea other than my wife, along with other moms... and current students? I can understand every once in a while, but having to choose? Is the ice cream social or cherry pies that important?

For me and people i know its not the stuff like that, veishea is like spring homecoming, something that brings everyone back to ames for a weekend.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
For me and people i know its not the stuff like that, veishea is like spring homecoming, something that brings everyone back to ames for a weekend.
Thats the way it used to be and should be....but we are 'ol timers' now so are opinions dont matter any more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron