Spring Game cost

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
zero american dollars. unless its changed since last year. not too many people go

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Are there any issues with parking? Are the lots open, do people tailgate, etc?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
General information from last year:

Iowa State's Cyclone Gridiron Club Spring Football Game Saturday will kickoff at 2 p.m. in Jack Trice Stadium. Admission is free. The general public can watch the game from the east side of the stadium and should enter the stadium only through Gate 1 on the east side of the stadium. Gate 1 on the east side will open for the general public at 1 p.m. Jack Trice Club members, media and working staff should enter the stadium through Gate 1 beginning at 12:30 p.m. Suite holders can enter the stadium through Gate 5.

All parking is free. The northeast concession stands will be open on the east concourse. Restrooms on the east concourse will be open for the game.

The Iowa State ticket office will open at 1 p.m. and close at 3 p.m. for fans wishing to purchase season tickets.

The Guest Services booth will be open on the east concourse.

The game will be broadcast on KASI-AM radio (1430) in Ames and KXNO-AM radio (1460) in central Iowa. Audio is available on Clone Zone via cyclones.com. We will not have a video stream available but cyclones.com will post highlights of the spring game shortly after its completion.

The 2011 football posters will NOT be available at the spring game on Saturday. The Iowa State athletics department will release poster pick-up information on cyclones.com, Facebook and on Twitter when the posters are available.

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
I assumed this was going to be someone complaining of the cost of either attending the game or the cost iowa state spends on putting on the game.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I wish more people would, Itd be cool to see at least 1/5 of the people tailgating as there is at regular games, I mean why not!

I dont know that we will make the drive up this year or not, its actually kinda boring.

Very dissappointed, I will be missing the event for a Wedding(stupid hawkeye cousin). My dad and I had planned on experimenting on some new tailgate dishes this year.

Have I mentioned that my cousin is a hawk fan and dumb? :realmad:

Alcyclone

Jan 2, 2012
Is there any time spent with players and coaches after game? I was thinking about bringing my grandsons and I know they would get excited about autographs and seeing and talking to the players

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Is there any time spent with players and coaches after game? I was thinking about bringing my grandsons and I know they would get excited about autographs and seeing and talking to the players

They would probably like the Cyclone Fanfest if they do that again in the fall. There's autograph signings by the team then and lots of kid stuff in the indoor practice facility.

Not sure if they will have it this year with the construction though.