South Carolina fans

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I also noticed that the cops were very biased towards the game haha. Usually you don't see a lot of emotion from those guys but they were cheering like crazy for SC.

That is kind of ironic because of this video from the South Carolina/Georgia game a few weeks ago. Best part is that the cops are doing fist bumps in Spurirer's face :wideeyed:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNTu-EssjU"]YouTube - Ga. State Patrol Troopers Fist Bump After Georgia Beats South Carolina 41-37[/ame]

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
aweb84 should be all over this. He is the only SC fan i know. He thinks they will win the national championship this year, and every other year.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
That atmosphere was great. I get jealous of watching other teams atmospheres when they play the latest 'hip' songs during the game and seeing the team dancing and bouncing up and down on the sidelines.

Im sure our music selection at JTS is pretty well loved by recruits from far reaches of the country. or not

Just my thoughts, although the stands shaking to "Sandstorm" was pretty sweet towards the end.

:biglaugh:

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
How about those Gamecocks? After beating the "fourth" ranked team their fans didn't touch the field. That was sweet! Hopefully we will follow suit when we beat OSU.

I'm sure it had to do with beating Ole Miss and not Florida or LSU ranked in the top 5.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
FWIW, Sandstorm isn't exactly a new song, neither is Zombie Nation or any other cheesy techno track played over stadium pa's.

There were a few thousand empty seats, partly attributed to the seat license program initiated this offseason at sakerlina, you can see them in the corner of this video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fWmk93BdfE]YouTube - South Carolina Student Section - Ole Miss v. SC[/ame]

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
How about those Gamecocks? After beating the "fourth" ranked team their fans didn't touch the field. That was sweet! Hopefully we will follow suit when we beat OSU.

Wierd post. Why do people take pride in not celebrating the victory on the field with the team? Multiple former players have talked about how much they loved it when the fans stormed the field. I don't get why storming the field after a big win would bother anyone.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think storming the field is cool, but I hate to see it for wins that are less than stellar. For example, I don't think we should rush the field every time we beat Iowa or any unranked team unless it is clinching a championship or a bowl game of some sort.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I think storming the field is cool, but I hate to see it for wins that are less than stellar. For example, I don't think we should rush the field every time we beat Iowa or any unranked team unless it is clinching a championship or a bowl game of some sort.

Disagree on the iowa part, but unless its senior day, we should only rush the field when its a ranked team, iowa, or a win to go to a bowl/senior day.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Disagree on the iowa part, but unless its senior day, we should only rush the field when its a ranked team, iowa, or a win to go to a bowl/senior day.

I'll disagree with that. If iowa isn't ranked, then we SHOULD beat them at JT. Save rushing the field for top 15 teams.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'll disagree with that. If iowa isn't ranked, then we SHOULD beat them at JT. Save rushing the field for top 15 teams.
They weren't ranked this year and we definitely should not have beat them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron