SOURCE- Campbell signs with ISU

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ISU played Toledo in Ames in 2014 and wore gold/gold unis, according to AP file photos of the game. Toledo wore white with navy pants. It could be from the time before that because I believe we played a 2-for-1 with them. But I'm old, and my memory of such things isn't all that good...

That game was in McCarneys last year. We didnt have the new logo until 2008.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not sure who we could have gotten that would make fans happy, this guy has won everywhere he's gone, he's well respected at such young age and you are kidding yourself if you don't think he would have had a job in less than week had we not snatched him up. Whats more, I'd think this is guy the current players would be excited about.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I guess they can get him a nice, updated pic of the football facilities when he gets into town tomorrow. I hear this social media stuff is very important!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Not sure who we could have gotten that would make fans happy, this guy has won everywhere he's gone, he's well respected at such young age and you are kidding yourself if you don't think he would have had a job in less than week had we not snatched him up. Whats more, I'd think this is guy the current players would be excited about.
Is this a joke? It's fine and all to be optimistic, but he doesn't really have the resume for that type of statement.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Is this a joke? It's fine and all to be optimistic, but he doesn't really have the resume for that type of statement.
It's not a false statement.

We get it, you don't like the hire, but it's not gunna change, so you might as well support it. Please tell me you're not the type of fan that partially wants him to fail, just so that you can say 'I told you so.'

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Love this quote

“I couldn’t be more excited to receive the opportunity to coach at Iowa State,” Campbell said. “Two years ago after we played the Cyclones in Ames, I called my wife (Erica) and said you simply would not believe this place. Their fans, the game-day environment and facilities are all incredible. I could see us living in Ames and me coaching the Cyclones some day. My family and I are truly humbled.”

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I mean, it's not like he's just been one place as a player and as a coach. He's been a winner everywhere he's gone.
He has only been a HC or even an OC at one place. Three places TOTAL. You would be hard pressed to find a more narrow P5 resume, and certainly not the resume typically used with "he has won everywhere he has gone". No, everywhere (3) he has gone have traditionally won.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
He has only been a HC or even an OC at one place. Three places TOTAL. You would be hard pressed to find a more narrow P5 resume, and certainly not the resume typically used with "he has won everywhere he has gone". No, everywhere (3) he has gone have traditionally won.

Go follow the hoks. We don't need your negativity here.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Urban Meyer wanted to hire him as his top assistant before he got the HC Toledo job, but he doesn't know anything about football.