SOURCE- Campbell signs with ISU

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Smack dab in the middle of Jeremy's $1.5-$2.5 million rumored offers. Let's hope there is a huge budget for assistants. We'll never have one of the best rosters in the conference but we could have one of the best coaching staffs.

My guess is its 6 years, $15 Million.

Year 1: $2 Million
Year 2: $2.2 Million
Year 3: $2.4 Million
Year 4: $2.6 Million
Year 5: $2.8 Million
Year 6: $3 Million

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Ermagherd...can we please not do this this time? With Rhoads, I kind of got it...between the cute little CPR and how many round heads couldn't spell Rhoads...and then CFH kinda went with it, but can we let it go, finally?
Let what go? It's just an easy acronym.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Had any press conference info been released yet? I'd assume tomorrow, as it was said he'll actually be in town today.

Also, doesn't Toledo have a bowl game to play? Do we know if he'll coach that still?
After the performance Toledo put forth last week, with a division championship on the line, it sounds like most fans don't really want him back for the bowl.

They are all putting the loss on Campbell, because they believe he was interviewing for jobs during the week instead of preparing the team.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Ermagherd...can we please not do this this time? With Rhoads, I kind of got it...between the cute little CPR and how many round heads couldn't spell Rhoads...and then CFH kinda went with it, but can we let it go, finally?

Whats the big deal? Its all about the ease of typing, for me.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Smack dab in the middle of Jeremy's $1.5-$2.5 million rumored offers. Let's hope there is a huge budget for assistants. We'll never have one of the best rosters in the conference but we could have one of the best coaching staffs.
HA.... Easy now.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I think Prohm was given 1.5m in the 1st year, and 50k raise every year thereafter.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Mac was a good hire. He had junk for everything when he started and build the program up to being respective. He just failed at building on his success. Chizik did bring good players to ISU, just too bad he failed in the coaching aspect. CPR is what ISU needed at the time. He again failed to build on his success, some was in his control other things were not.

Dan only failed to sustain because we could never keep quality assistant coaches around. That's not all his fault, and the same fate arguably happened to Rhoads. It has a chance to continue to happen if the wrong hires are made.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

While we're at it, can we get rid of that stupid "Let me Mayor Coach" and every single stupid imitation of it that followed? It was funny when Ames' mayor said it, it was cute when ISU fans mimicked it for years, but Hoiberg isn't even here anymore and it's not even close to clever anymore.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I dont think thats just us. I think a lot of message boards you'll see the C-Initials acronym. Or HCInitials

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
While we're at it, can we get rid of that stupid "Let me Mayor Coach" and every single stupid imitation of it that followed? It was funny when Ames' mayor said it, it was cute when ISU fans mimicked it for years, but Hoiberg isn't even here anymore and it's not even close to clever anymore.

That started here, though. "Let me Mayor coach" was someone's attempt to back Hoiberg when posters criticized some decision he made.

I think it was atlantacyclone, but I might be wrong. That one's worth keeping just because it's our own messed-up creation.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Wasn't that started as a drunk post here though?

Edit: Erik beat me to it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That started here, though. "Let me Mayor coach" was someone's attempt to back Hoiberg when posters criticized some decision he made.

I think it was atlantacyclone, but I might be wrong. That one's worth keeping just because it's our own messed-up creation.

Nah, that one really needs to die. It wasnt funny about a week after it happened.