#16 TxA&M beat #6 Duke 95-77
Unranked Georgia beat #8 OU 62-51
#9 Tenn beat #4 Baylor 74-65

LSU 'beat' Centenary 92-19 :wideeyed:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
LSU 'beat' Centenary 92-19 :wideeyed:
Wow, can you say "disgustingly unsportsmanlike"? How about "gamesmanship"? Criminy. I'm glad we have a coach that will put a game like that away comfortably without being classless like that. BF FTW.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, can you say "disgustingly unsportsmanlike"? How about "gamesmanship"? Criminy. I'm glad we have a coach that will put a game like that away comfortably without being classless like that. BF FTW.

Considering none of LSU's starters played more than 20 minutes, what were they supposed to do - walk off the floor at some point? Intentionally miss shots? Pass the ball directly to Centinary? Let them score on them? Pretty sure even if they did all those things it wouldn't have made much of a difference, considering LSU's 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13th players played significant minutes that night. Doesn't it at some point fall on Centenary to put some points on the board against LSU's "worst" players? Perhaps you should have checked out the box score before you started running your mouth about how LSU kept their best players on the floor to humiliate a team that bad. Here, I'll even provide the link that shows that everyone played. I pretty much hate LSU, but I get sick of the unfounded accusations of "such and such a team kept their best players in just to run the score up on some no-name team." At some point it has to fall on the opponent to score.

Centenary Ladies vs. LSU Lady Tigers - Box Score - November 15, 2009 - ESPN

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Perhaps they did that with the backups. Even so, do you expect them to dribble out the clock. That doesn't really help you get ready for a season now does it. If Centenary doesn't like it stop taking the paydays.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Centenary was 8-44 from the field, and of their 33 turnovers only 16 were LSU steals. This just looks like the Centenary team was ridiculously outmatched.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron