So would all the people...

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I would have much rather lost the game in OT. It would have just been nice to lose a game based on being out-executed or out-coached in OT as opposed to losing it on a freak play that wouldn't happen to anybody but ISU. I mean seriously, how many times have any of you guys seen an extra point blocked to seal a win? We had all the momentum at that point.

At least with an OT loss, we wouldn't have multi-page threads dedicated to the cause of the ISU curse.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I would have taken either not scoring a touchdown at the end at all, or losing in OT over what happened, definitely.

Reactions: bellzisu

clone51

Oct 4, 2009
Western Iowa
Herpes is also contagious. Just sayin.

My goodness, to use a venereal disease as a substitute for optimism is really extraordinary. When we are talking about our Cyclones, lets stay classy!

Optimism is contagious. 10-2!

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneErik

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I wouldn't say "happier" would be the good word to use. Maybe "less ******" "less furious" "less suicidal" lol, Seriously though, it was the way we lost. Just when you think we've got it turned around. Just when you think, hey this is it, we are going to pull this off...BANG, No way, in your face Cyclone fans! A loss is a loss, it sucks, it's just the seeming fate of the Cyclones that gets so darn frustrating.

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
Just saying, but had ISU made the XP, KSU had 3 timeouts left and Banks would have been returning the kickoff. I am not saying the game wouldn't have gone into OT, but there was still a decent chance for us to score.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I would have taken either not scoring a touchdown at the end at all, or losing in OT over what happened, definitely.

Exactly... I would of taken same thing... Either no score... Or losing in OT. This PAT is a kick in the nuts and hurts more then UNLV last year, or the Missouri game in 2004, or any overtime game.

You expected overtime after the PAT. At least it was a far chance for both teams and not so deflating.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
Nothing is ever good enough for a lot of the people on here. Even in a victory, this message board is full of naysayers who will nitpick the team apart. Its a wonder that people still enjoy coming here.

I hate the loss just as much as the next guy, but guess what...the sun did rise this morning, at least I think it did. Life will go on. We have a new coach and I personally think that things will get better. I personally think that if we would've made the kick and lost in OT, things would've been even worse.

I'm fairly new to CF and this is why I don't come here as much as I thought I would. Too many people who aren't happy no matter what happens.

Anyway, I'd take the loss in OT anyday over what did happen. I'd been standing and yelling most of the game until the blocked PAT. That was a huge kick to the ****.

Things will get better. Be patient, let the coaches coach and do the recruiting for their system. We've booked our hotel already for next years trip to K.C.

Reactions: coachdags