Help: Slow loading on macs? or PC?

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I usually leave the ads on for this site so I can click on some occasionally to help support the site. But they have been making the site unbearably slow for over a week so I blocked them too.

Chris when you get the problem fixed let me know and I will re enable them.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Put this in your hosts files, makes it way better

127.0.0.1 tag.contextweb.com

I also do not like blocking ads, I try to click on then to support CF, but that is the one causing me all the pain.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
CF is blocked as a malicious site by McAfee, so no visiting it at work. At home I get hung up on one ad that won't load, so I can't visit at home. Only way to view CF anymore is using Tapatalk on my cell. So I don't visit much nowadays.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Still slow for me, as it has been for a week or better. I use firefox on my Macbook at home and Internet Explorer on my Dell at work.

ISUFAN80

Mar 18, 2008
If you are using Firefox download flash block from the plug in page. It really speeds things up. Not perfect yet but way better than it was before. Also if you want to see a flash enabled ad then you just click on it and it starts.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for all of the feedback guys. We are making progress on our end to make everybody happy. We're going to implement some changes here hopefully over the next two weeks that will load all site content before ads that will speed things up tremendously. Just a little more research to do on our part and then it will be taken care of. I apologize for the hassle. It's a pain for everybody, including me.

As for the viruses, we don't have any. We had that scare about a month ago but CF is squeaky clean. A lot of the virus companies likely have us flagged because of that and hopefully it will run its course. Thanks for your time today.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Thanks a lot for looking into this. You guys are the best! Having to wait so long to get my CycloneFanatic fix isn't much fun, but I'm glad it will be faster soon!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
It was actually really good today! But thanks Chris. You and the rest of the CF crew are awesome.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Holy cow!!! I can get on CF! Yesterday was so bad I couldnt do any forum work!! But today is great. Fastest it has loaded in a long time. Was really irritated yesterday, now the only thing Im irritated about today is that we only have 5 recruits FB and havent heard of many more.