Single Game Tickets: On Sale Starting Tuesday-Thursday

Apr 19, 2006
I'm curious about the market value of these tickets. The value has been going down for the past two years with Iowas decline. I remember selling a single ticket at kinnick 3 years ago and getting 4x face value to an Iowa fan. Last year it sold for 1.5x face to an ISU fan.

I usually hate watching this game because I want both teams to do well in their respective seasons. I just assume that selling the tickets will pay a bar/tailgate tab. However, this year will be easy to root for the good guys. I am expecting hillsides to go for $30-40 and stadium seating to start at $50-60/ticket. This game might have the least amount of Hawkeyes in Jack Trice as there have ever been in the history of this rivalry. Will be a fun game to see.
It depends if the Hawks beat Northern Illinois, if they do they will think they are back and will be title contenders. So I can see them buying tickets and spending the extra money to see the game. Also, since we have the hillside season tickets, etc. at a cheaper price I wouldn't be surprised to see them purchase those. There always seems to be too many, heck one is too many in my opinion.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm curious about the market value of these tickets. The value has been going down for the past two years with Iowas decline. I remember selling a single ticket at kinnick 3 years ago and getting 4x face value to an Iowa fan. Last year it sold for 1.5x face to an ISU fan.

I usually hate watching this game because I want both teams to do well in their respective seasons. I just assume that selling the tickets will pay a bar/tailgate tab. However, this year will be easy to root for the good guys. I am expecting hillsides to go for $30-40 and stadium seating to start at $50-60/ticket. This game might have the least amount of Hawkeyes in Jack Trice as there have ever been in the history of this rivalry. Will be a fun game to see.

Current stubhub pricing information

Lower deck sideline- average sale price of 337, with the lowest ticket available right now for just under 300 for a single, 350 if you want 2 or more.

Lower corner average sale 180, lowest unsold at 190

Hillside average sale and current low sale are around 110

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Current stubhub pricing information

Lower deck sideline- average sale price of 337, with the lowest ticket available right now for just under 300 for a single, 350 if you want 2 or more.

Lower corner average sale 180, lowest unsold at 190

Hillside average sale and current low sale are around 110

Stubhub a month in advance is not a good indicator of market value. At this point people are just trying to maximize profit on the breadwinner game. You'll see mass tickets being dumped the week of the game.

Hillside tickets for TCU and Oklahoma State are listed on Stubhub for $10. Do you really think the Iowa game holds a premium of 10x those games? Cue Superbowl argument.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Stubhub a month in advance is not a good indicator of market value. At this point people are just trying to maximize profit on the breadwinner game. You'll see mass tickets being dumped the week of the game.

Hillside tickets for TCU and Oklahoma State are listed on Stubhub for $10. Do you really think the Iowa game holds a premium of 10x those games? Cue Superbowl argument.

Stubhub is the very definition of market value. Now the market value may drop over time, but only typically because some held out too long at too high a price and then just try to get what they can. At the same time, the market value may go up as more people start thinking about football season and realize 'damn there arent any tickets available through ISU, lets see what they run for online'.

What some desperate schmuck drops their tickets for 10 minutes before the game because they failed to sell where the rest of the market did is not indicative of the overall market value.

And yes, i do think Iowa holds a premium of 10x those games. And it has nothing to do with 'superbowl' and everything to do with you have a TON more interested people in the game. Casual fans of both sides are more interested, and its the one game a year fans of both major teams in the state want to buy tickets to a game in only one stadium. For similar reasons, UNI is also a damn good scalping ticket.

Additionally, ISU-Iowa will sell out this week most likely (before tickets go on sale to the general public), meaning you'll have to buy from someone else to even get hillside, driving the price up, whereas you'll likely be able to buy an OSU (or most other games) hillside for quite some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cycsk

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Stubhub is the very definition of market value. Now the market value may drop over time, but only typically because some held out too long at too high a price and then just try to get what they can. At the same time, the market value may go up as more people start thinking about football season and realize 'damn there arent any tickets available through ISU, lets see what they run for online'.

What some desperate schmuck drops their tickets for 10 minutes before the game because they failed to sell where the rest of the market did is not indicative of the overall market value.

If hardly no one is buying them then that's not really the tickets market value.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If hardly no one is buying them then that's not really the tickets market value.

Plenty of people are buying though. I was reporting the average sales price, not just the average listed price (or average unsold price, that includes prices where someone just throws their ticket up for $1000 and figures if it sells they can enjoy it on tv)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Yes. People selling tickets around the Iowa game will be naming their own price.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

Highly, highly doubtful. Last time Iowa State had Iowa at home in Jack Trice stadium I paid $125 for a hillside seat. That'd be awesome if it was the case but the hillsides are already going for around $115-120 on stubhub.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Highly, highly doubtful. Last time Iowa State had Iowa at home in Jack Trice stadium I paid $125 for a hillside seat. That'd be awesome if it was the case but the hillsides are already going for around $115-120 on stubhub.

I bought that GA ticket day-of for $40. There is a large cost difference between your ticket and mine.

The ticket office technically isn't even sold out now. How can market value actually be higher than tickets retail value when these tickets are still available?

When all tickets are sold from the AD and are in the market (will happen), then you can get a true sense of market value. When all is said and done, the ticket will be worth what someone is willing to pay; as was alluded to earlier.

If you want to be certain you have a seat, or if sitting close is important to you; then you are going to pay that premium. If every hillside ticket was easily going for $120+, then almost everyone with a brain that owns that ticket would be trying to sell it. The truth is, there is an abundance of tickets at $109 now that aren't being sold. That will drop until people start buying them.

As I said before, Hawks don't want to buy away tickets to watch their team get beat. That takes a huge bite out of the crowd that is willing to pay premiums. All of the Cyclone fans that are willing to pay premium prices already have season tickets. It's just my speculation, I'm certainly not an economist.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
Just an FYI, I called today about the Iowa game and the tickets are scattered throughout the stadium like mentioned and they are singles only. With that being said, if you are looking for 2 or more seats together you will have to buy hillside tickets. I am not trying to keep people from buying the reserved seat tickets, but just so you know if you go to order the reserved seat tickets they will not be together. They may tell people this when they order them, but if they don't you know now.

This kind of sucks. I read that in the email I received and immediately hoped it wasn't true b/c I want 2 reserved seat tickets together. I was hoping to get in tomorrow to order those. Anybody think I may be able to trade my seat with somebody near by so the people I'm getting tickets for don't have to sit separate? Will you be able to order these online or do they have to be called in?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
My level is available tomorrow. How much are the single Iowa tickets? I assume they are $90.
My father in law was at the 2010 Nebraska game and really enjoyed it. Really wanting to take him back to see an even larger crowd and more intense atmosphere.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I bought that GA ticket day-of for $40. There is a large cost difference between your ticket and mine.

The ticket office technically isn't even sold out now. How can market value actually be higher than tickets retail value when these tickets are still available?

Because those tickets arent available to the general public. Reserved seats cant be bought in 2+ together, and hillsides wont be offered (if available at all) to the general public for a week. By then its likely that the remainder of tickets will have been snatched up as usual by donors.

If every hillside ticket was easily going for $120+, then almost everyone with a brain that owns that ticket would be trying to sell it. The truth is, there is an abundance of tickets at $109 now that aren't being sold. That will drop until people start buying them.
Except they are selling, and quickly, and i know this for a fact.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I just hope I can snag 4 for Texas on Thursday for the wife's cousin (preferably upper level).

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Because those tickets arent available to the general public. Reserved seats cant be bought in 2+ together, and hillsides wont be offered (if available at all) to the general public for a week. By then its likely that the remainder of tickets will have been snatched up as usual by donors.

Except they are selling, and quickly, and i know this for a fact.

I can confirm this as a fact. They are going and quickly for that matter at that price.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Troll alert. Definitely not a marketing major.

Stub Hub lists 74 sales in the lower bowl ($133-450), 68 upper deck ($123-499), 90 endzone ($115-211), and 91 hilliside ($60-150). Those are sales.

P.S. I'm not selling tickets. I just know that if you start to set up a sale, you can get access to the sales listings as well as the for-sale listings.

Interestingly, I did notice that somebody bought 4 near me. If they are Hawk fans, it will be fun to watch them see their investment go down the drain. And I think I knew who sold the tickets. If he sold them to Hawk fans, I will be all over him.

Reactions: alarson

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

And yes, i do think Iowa holds a premium of 10x those games. And it has nothing to do with 'superbowl' and everything to do with you have a TON more interested people in the game. Casual fans of both sides are more interested, and its the one game a year fans of both major teams in the state want to buy tickets to a game in only one stadium. For similar reasons, UNI is also a damn good scalping ticket.

Additionally, ISU-Iowa will sell out this week most likely (before tickets go on sale to the general public), meaning you'll have to buy from someone else to even get hillside, driving the price up, whereas you'll likely be able to buy an OSU (or most other games) hillside for quite some time.

This is exactly correct.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
i just logged in and there is no option for me to buy single tickets at my donation level. it doesn't say "sold out" there is just nothing about single game tickets even mentioned.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
i just logged in and there is no option for me to buy single tickets at my donation level. it doesn't say "sold out" there is just nothing about single game tickets even mentioned.

Don't panic - wait one or two minutes and reload. Sometimes the website is slow to open in the morning.

And don't the tickets go on sale at 8 am?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron