SI reporting ISU working on deal with Campbell

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Is it possible to filter out all the fluff and only get Jeremy's posts?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Agree completely.

Are we in the Big 12 or not? We can't keep paying people the worst salary in the league and expect to win. Football pays all the bills for the athletics department. You would think that might be important.

Wait, what? Who's claiming that Toledo is going to outbid us?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
It's a little more involved than just "somebody...on Twitter." This was a Sports Illustrated writer.

Don't care if Matt Campbell tweeted out #AStormIsBrewing, don't walk away from what seems like your #1 choice because someone tweeted something

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Are we upset by speculation now? Are we really complaining about Pollard's negotiating based off of your own panicked posting?

I'm saying "IF" it goes down like this. Of course I'm posing a hypothetical. I have no inside info.

But if Pollard botches this offer, then it would be the 2nd football hire he's botched. Brian Kelly, and now this one. But of course that's "IF" we lose out on Campbell.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Well, since this thread is already at 17 pages, and many are clearly freaking out.....................time to make some popcorn and sit back and enjoy yet another un-justified, speculative at best CF meltdown. Go for it, people! Do what you do!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
lolololol. If this isn't sitting well on JP's side and Campbell goes somewhere else and is successful... everyone will want JP fired.

JP wasn't exactly travelling in cognito on his flight to Detroit. And didn't he give additional info to the reporter? He could have said he was just making a connection in Detroit, but instead said that he was doing recruiting . . . which pretty much is a leak about Campbell and others.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Yes, but we can't be sure where the leak came from. The Campbell camp, the ISU camp, someone at the recruitment agency...

You think JP is going to hold leaks from his own side or the search firm against Campbell? Wut?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
this has the, Kstate hiring Gary Peterson, and then Kevin Keitzmann and GoPowerCat guy releasing it to the media before he could say by to his players at TCU, getting upset and not taking the job, feel to it.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Is it possible to filter out all the fluff and only get Jeremy's posts?

Yes, click on Jeremy's profile, and keep refreshing instead using your usual method of of checking for new posts on the board.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Didn't mizzou's pinkel announce awhile ago? You'd think they would have things somewhat wrapped up. VT is supposed to have Fuentes and they have know about as long. I don't think mizzou is a very attractive place. You have players that have pulled a power play and their HC had to back so you might step into a disciplinary situation.

Mizzou has a new AD. The may be being a bit deliberate. Or maybe they are a tad overconfident and think that Campbell would wait on Mizzou.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agree completely.

Are we in the Big 12 or not? We can't keep paying people the worst salary in the league and expect to win. Football pays all the bills for the athletics department. You would think that might be important.

Yeah... i start to wonder what net was really cast here. I mean the numbers thrown out are 1.5 to 2.5 million. even mid-range in that (2 mil) would be at the bottom as far as P5 schools. Mid-range in the big 12 is in the 3-3.5 million range. Not saying you give a coach that if his resume doesnt demand that, but you should absolutely cast a net with that in mind as a reasonable salary.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
this has the, Kstate hiring Gary Peterson, and then Kevin Keitzmann and GoPowerCat guy releasing it to the media before he could say by to his players at TCU, getting upset and not taking the job, feel to it.

This has a "people making outlandish assumptions and jumping to conclusions" feel to it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I want to know if Campbell is committed to the Cyclone Fanatic Recruitment Day party at The Keg Stand. That is my favorite football night of the year!

Help Support Us

Become a patron