Season tickets?

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
At one point a few years ago we had a large tailgate group that combined to buy two sets of six tickets. We were down to one set this season with two of the tickets constantly needing to be scalped off. Next year I am not renewing and will just pick up a ticket from a scalper for cheap.

AmCyFan

Nov 14, 2014
We've had season tickets for 25+ years and we've seen lots of good and bad. Plus, we like our seats and the people we sit with. Our kids have grown up going to games and now they are IA State students; it's always a good opportunity to see them. And, I think our years of commitment certainly do give us the right to complain....

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
We started with 4 35 years ago (I'm 36) and have added as they come available and I became financially able to donate at the same level and buy tickets. We now have 12 tickets, 2 rows of six. Have sat through some nasty seasons as a kid and have sat through some fun seasons as an adult. We will renew as we've put too much into letting what we have go and we love where we are and have been with some people since day 1.

We did have one family of 4 that has been next to use for about 10-15 years shake our hands after the WVU game and say they won't be back. This isn't in an area of cheap tickets either. It's a large donation to be in this section not a quick decision to purchase tickets and he's been a good sized donor for a long time. To me that is concerning but time will tell how much it affects our section as it is predominantly long time ticket holders that won't give up where they are.

One thing that also helps with the decision is how enjoyable a game at JTS is. I took my son to a Vikings game and I was reminded of how horrible of an experience NFL stadiums are. We weren't even in the cheap seats yet still had beer spilled on us, a drunk fall on me from the row up, countless fights, non stop swearing, etc. I enjoy taking my kids to games and the experience at JTS is great for a family.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Have to give them up this year.. Simply cannot justify the expenditure with a family and so little return on investment. I hope I am wrong and ISU has a turnaround next year and I regret the decision.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think the only way I would stop going is if they changed tailgating enough (shortened lot hours, etc) to make it less fun.

We have had 9+ losses 4 of the last 8 years.... So this season is really not much of any surprise to me.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Nice try. You're not getting my ******* tickets. ISU fans are like the Whos down in Whoville when it comes to fan support and that's one of the best things we have going for us.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The guy I get tickets from when I come back for a game isn't renewing his 12 season tickets. Many we tailgate with are not either (I'd guess 35-40%). I can't blame them as this was the first year I didn't come back for a game and I usually attend at least 3 or 4 a year.

A friend of mine is cutting back his donation and getting more outlying seats. If next season turns out better or a later season does, he will go back to his original donation. He does not think his seats will be that bad.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I make fun of other programs for being fickle when times are bad. I don't want to be that way myself, so I'll renew and hope to see improvement and at least some wins at home.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Renewing at least 8 and maybe 12. I focus on the fact that we were good enough to grab an early lead on NDSU, play to the end with Kansas State and Texas, and beat Iowa. The teams and early dates for home games next year are pretty appealing.

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
We moved to Ames 4 years ago and been season ticket holder for 5 years, we were planning on buying SEZ tickets if end of season results ended better, after KS game we dropped that idea. We enjoy the tailgating, gametime experiance, and ISU Athletics (Ticket Holder for VB, MBB, and WBB also). We're all in now and in the future.

I thought CPR actually would've been gone Sunday am, but can go with reason why still there. Coaching decisions will be based on next year's results I'm sure of. Next year's early season schedule makes me think optimistically we could be 3-1 or 4-0 to start, win 3 - 5 of last 8 makes for a 6-6 with possibility of 9-3 record. Now you know my expectation min/max for 2015 season.

At end of day I'm all in and yah drinking the Kool Aid of optimism!

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
If there are no defensive staff changes at all, I will have a hard time renewing my tickets. Others in our group are the same way. We are always some of the first people in the parking pass lots to tailgate, which is a blast, but the games suck. We have already talked about just having get-togethers for next year and just rotating whose house we go to. The money I spent on tickets this year would have been better spent extending/enhancing our vacation.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If you are a ticket holder.. how bad does it need to get for you to stop buying. I know a few ticket holders that left early most every game and didn't even go to some because they didn't want to waste a saturday to watch us getting beat up and down the field.. Why buy tickets to this garbage of a product that is being put on the field? I guess I feel season ticket holders who keep buying should not ***** about how bad things are.. Stop buying the damn tickets and things might change.

Buying garbage would be buying tickets to that Big Ten team to the East. The team that couldn't even beat us at home. And the team that plays in a conference that is no better to the MAC. Why anyone even goes is anybody's guess.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years even though I lived in Georgia and Tennessee during that time. This is the first time I've considered not renewing but curiosity about the new enclosed stadium will most likely bring me back. However if we don't sign some serious defensive talent by February than I might have a hard decision to make.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years even though I lived in Georgia and Tennessee during that time. This is the first time I've considered not renewing but curiosity about the new enclosed stadium will most likely bring me back. However if we don't sign some serious defensive talent by February than I might have a hard decision to make.
You have season tickets and you live in Tennessee,umm... Do you go to the games or just sell the tickets?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron