Saturday Morning Session

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I hope you're right Cyclonestate78. I have no respect for the Iowa wrestling program, mostly because of the psycho way he and his wrestlers often act. But that makes it even more frustrating if they get it done on our backs. I love Cael and I believe he will make us a big winner.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'm not sure what to think anymore?

We've got classy head coaches in Cael, Rhoads, GMac, and Fennely. Unfortunately, Fennely is the only one that actually delivers the expectations. Yes, our wrestling team is good, but not where it should be IMO.

On the other hand, Iowa is more succesful in football and wrestling, but I wouldn't want their off the field issues or their wrestling coach representing ISU either.

As of now... I guess I'd rather take what we have because I do believe the winning will come. We will be rewarded for doing things the right way in due time.

I couldn't agree with you more. I remember the days when it was the state of Florida that took so much grief for their universities being a haven for these lawless programs where criminal athletes were welcomed with open arms. Now we have the U of I to thank for building that reputation for the state of Iowa.

SgtPepper

Jan 6, 2009
Agreed. I think it is the most painful thing that the classy kids that ISU has and the classy way we run our program falls to these criminal kids from that other university in Iowa. Iowa may take the team title but I am still far more proud that ISU has done things the right way and has a program that we can all be proud of. No renegade kids on our team that have numerous run ins with the law etc. Our coach is classy unlike the other university from eastern Iowa. It is only a matter of time and probably much sooner then later that our program will be at a point where we dominate said eastern Iowa university on a yearly basis.

I think my knock on Brands is well deserved. His kids get in trouble which shows a lack of discipline on his part. If I remember correctly he did Chizik Virginia Tech and then stole about 4 of their wrestlers to take them to Iowa. He is a far cry from being classy.
:no:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow, Brands sure does have that program whipped into shape both physically and mentally. Yesterday Iowa was dead in the water, today they look like a totally different squad. Says a lot about their program. Would be nice to see that at ISU soon.

Our wrestlers just look so small compared to most opponents in their same weight class. I know asst. coach Hartung handled strength/conditioning before he left last year. Do we miss him that bad?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Actually, you haven't.

But anyways, who's left for ISU? Varner? I've lost track.

Are you really going to make it necessary for me to go get links to all of the stories on the Iowa wrestlers that have been arrested in the last year? I am sure it wouldn't take me long to find several articles since you seem to be unaware of their football-like issues at the U of I.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Are you really going to make it necessary for me to go get links to all of the stories on the Iowa wrestlers that have been arrested in the last year? I am sure it wouldn't take me long to find several articles since you seem to be unaware of their football-like issues at the U of I.

Winning = arrests dont matter. Duh.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Are you really going to make it necessary for me to go get links to all of the stories on the Iowa wrestlers that have been arrested in the last year? I am sure it would take me long to find several articles since you seem to be unaware of their football-like issues at the U of I.

Oh, you mean the one that is suspended indefinitely and will never wrestle at Iowa...Perry get arrested last year for public intox and he graduated.....

That's two guys that are no longer involved with the program...how about M*, Metcalf, Borschel, Keddy, Erickson, Tshirt, Slaton,etc. etc. etc.

For every bad apple there are a dozen standup kids that work their butts off everyday on the mat and in the classroom.

Then they get some jagoff like you that wants to lump them in with some football players, etc.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
This thread has become unbearable. This is a RESULTS THREAD. Shut up about the Brands is a punk, Iowa kids go to prison, ISU kids are the classiest kids ever, I don't care. This is a RESULTS thread. If you aren't talking about the WRESTLING TOURNAMENT, go to a different thread.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Reading this last page = avoiding this thread. It was a disappointing finals. Let's root for the guys left and move on.

EDIT: What sodakjoe said above.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
So for those of use that arn't really good at understanding wrestling: about where are we expected to finish?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Having ISU and Iowa fight for the title with a few new schools is only better for the sport, IMO. The fact that OSU still has a good shot to win it may help the sport start to grow again.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
basically locked into 3rd

Thanks - that's close to what I had put together....

So we are going to have the #3 wresting team in the nation and there is a meltdown starting? I can't wait for the day for use to be upset with the bball team or football team being #3.

Guess I don't know enough about it, but #3 seems pretty good to me. Sounds like we had a chance to do better but didn't. I think I've heard that several times this year so not sure why the shock now.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
We're pretty much gonna get 3rd at this point, which is where we were ranked coming in. It's a little disappointing because we had some good chances to pull some upsets, but our wrestlers came up short.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron