Saturday Morning Session

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Reader had an unspectacular tournament, even though he placed high. He probably ended up with the easiest draw, due to upsets on the other side of the bracket. He is only a Soph though, so we've got two more years to turn him into a champion.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I think Iowa has pretty much won the team title now as well. Unless OSU has 3 champions with bonus pts I don't think they can catch Iowa.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
As an ISU fan I'm becoming conditioned to expect the worst to happen. Iowa probably comes back and wins it all due to the Z and Reader matches. Our wrestling program is still great and far from a losing program, but something has to change this losing mentality in our major sports.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
As an ISU fan I'm becoming conditioned to expect the worst to happen. Iowa probably comes back and wins it all due to the Z and Reader matches. Our wrestling program is still great and far from a losing program, but something has to change this losing mentality in our major sports.

Agreed. I think it is the most painful thing that the classy kids that ISU has and the classy way we run our program falls to these criminal kids from that other university in Iowa. Iowa may take the team title but I am still far more proud that ISU has done things the right way and has a program that we can all be proud of. No renegade kids on our team that have numerous run ins with the law etc. Our coach is classy unlike the other university from eastern Iowa. It is only a matter of time and probably much sooner then later that our program will be at a point where we dominate said eastern Iowa university on a yearly basis.

I think my knock on Brands is well deserved. His kids get in trouble which shows a lack of discipline on his part. If I remember correctly he did Chizik Virginia Tech and then stole about 4 of their wrestlers to take them to Iowa. He is a far cry from being classy.

Last edited:

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
At least we're doing our best making sure Iowa wins the whole thing :skeptical:...

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Agreed. I think it is the most painful thing that the classy kids that ISU has and the classy way we run our program falls to these criminal kids from that other university in Iowa. Iowa may take the team title but I am still far more proud that ISU has done things the right way and has a program that we can all be proud of. No renegade kids on our team that have numerous run ins with the law etc. Our coach is classy unlike the other university from eastern Iowa. It is only a matter of time and probably much sooner then later that our program will be at a point where we dominate said eastern Iowa university on a yearly basis.

That's the spirit.:dull:

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008

Bitter??? Do you personally know any of the kids in Iowa's program? Are you holding past run ins against the current team? Brands may not be a "classy" coach in your mind, but your post is classless and tasteless. At least Brands is who is out in public!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I can't believe how Reader wrestles now compared to a year ago - what a decline. He is so tentative and wrestles not to lose - what is wrong???

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
That's the spirit.:dull:

I expected a response like this. Needless to say you didn't even attempt to attack any of the points I brought up. That is because everything I mentioned in my post is accurate. I will take your comment as approval to mine. Thank you.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Bitter??? Do you personally know any of the kids in Iowa's program? Are you holding past run ins against the current team? Brands may not be a "classy" coach in your mind, but your post is classless and tasteless. At least Brands is who is out in public!

No. I don't know any of them personally. I do feel as though I know some of them personally as I have read so much about several of them in the police blotters though. Does that count?:jimlad:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not sure what to think anymore?

We've got classy head coaches in Cael, Rhoads, GMac, and Fennely. Unfortunately, Fennely is the only one that actually delivers the expectations. Yes, our wrestling team is good, but not where it should be IMO.

On the other hand, Iowa is more succesful in football and wrestling, but I wouldn't want their off the field issues or their wrestling coach representing ISU either.

As of now... I guess I'd rather take what we have because I do believe the winning will come. We will be rewarded for doing things the right way in due time.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Wow, Brands sure does have that program whipped into shape both physically and mentally. Yesterday Iowa was dead in the water, today they look like a totally different squad. Says a lot about their program. Would be nice to see that at ISU soon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron