RV lots torn asunder

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Yes, only instead of a traditional parking pass an RV pass is requested. The RV pass costs 100 instead of 50. Plus whatever donation is wanted/needed.

Where do you get to park with those passes?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I also feel bad that this was not handled better, but I think I clearly remember a "warning" on the season ticket renewal that parking was getting tight and increased donations may be required to hold prior lots.

Hopefully everyone that feels disrespected or feels like the cost of attendance is too high can still make it to a few games this year. This could be a special season.

Reactions: Acylum

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For safety purposes I am going to need six to eight spaces for my new RV.

affb0f8e1fb40f4624f1e5f9d6240288.jpg

RVD4

Dec 26, 2011
This has been going on for about 5 years, if you wanted in d2-d4, 2500.00 was a must. I was as pissed as you are , and made sure to communicate the following year. Unfortunately when the program has success the price of everything goes up.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Market should dictate the price.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
That sucks. I'm not an RVer but I remember being warned about increased demand and upping donations.

If you get there early I'd try Haunted Forest too. I don't always like that place, but it might be your best alternative.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
One think I think is needed is non tailgating spots. I think if we got some sort of separate lot for people who weren’t there to tailgate it would solve some issues. I think you would clear out some people from the other lots as it would be easier to get in and out of. I also think we just need more parking.

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
I have had an RV pass for years. A few years back I suggested that we should pay a fair share to park an RV.

$50 for the season to tailgate with a car is absurd. I think to alleviate the issue, they need to start charging closer to market value. A season pass for a car pass should be at least $100.

The RV pass should be paid based on how long your vehicle is. If you have a 35 foot rig, you should have to pay 4 times a car pass or $400.

Currently the price we pay for parking is a joke.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and Cycsk

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Sadly, supply and demand are going to play out more and more with parking for football. As mentioned above, parking passes for cars are less expensive for the season than what the cost would be to park in public lots for every game. The real cost of parking is mostly the donation made.

Compared to most schools, parking for ISU games is fantastic and close.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
For some reason I thought there was a plan in place to fill in the now student lots and turn it into a real RV parking lot with electrical and water hookups. I dont remember where I read about that at and could be completely wrong.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
For some reason I thought there was a plan in place to fill in the now student lots and turn it into a real RV parking lot with electrical and water hookups. I dont remember where I read about that at and could be completely wrong.
In an email from Jamie P. in December 2016 (I added boldface):

1. One of the best assets of our athletics program is the incredible tailgating environment around Jack Trice Stadium. We have tremendous parking - both inventory and proximity - at the stadium that is the envy of many of our peers. Yet, we also recognize the need to continue to try and improve game-day parking because we have far more fans coming to football games today than ever before and we also anticipate those numbers will increase as the team improves under Coach Campbell's leadership. As a result, we are working with campus officials to develop a comprehensive plan to capitalize on the space east of University Boulevard (across from the stadium) that will 1) increase and improve game-day parking; 2) provide more efficient and lighted space for campus recreation; and 3) further enhance the entrance to Iowa State University. This project has the potential to provide significant improvement to game-day parking and may include a pedestrian walk-way over University Boulevard (improving game day safety), relocation of RV parking to an area specifically dedicated to RVs (electrical hookups, lighting, permanent restrooms, etc.) and more prime surface parking for fans donating to the Cyclone Club. We hope to have updated information on this exciting potential project in the very near future.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp