Running playlist, help

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
So I am in need of some new tunes to listen to while I am running, any fellow Cyclone favorites that I should add? Obviously it helps if the song is very fast / up-tempo. Thanks!

My most energizing song on my workout playlist is "Zombie" by Fela Kuti. I couldn't stop even if I wanted to until the song ends. I was playing it in the office and everyone who walked by started nodding or dancing; you can't help it.

Here's a link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgewcFh-cg]Fela Kuti & Afrika 70 "Zombie" - YouTube[/ame]

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Girl Talk - 'oh no' and 'Triple-double'
Black Keys -Set You Free
The astroids Galaxy tour -Golden Age (Heinken commercial song)
YelaWolf - Get the F#%^ Up!
Sublime with Rome - My World
Reverend Peyton's big damn band - Clap Your Hands
Radiohead- creep
Piebald - American Hearts
Modest Mouse - Float On
Matt & Kim - good for great
Larry and His Flask - Ebb and Flow
Joy formidable - Whirring
F#%* up- queen of Hearts

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
anyone get that RHCP cd that dropped yesterday? Reviews?

Yeah. I really like it. No Frusciante, so it's not on a Stadium Arcadium level, but the songs are good, and Flea sounds as good as ever.

A little mellower than usual for them, but very good. Wouldn't call it a running album for most folks.

b3r3m

Feb 1, 2007
I like Muse for running. especially The Uprising, Map of the Problematique and Time is Running Out.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
So I am in need of some new tunes to listen to while I am running, any fellow Cyclone favorites that I should add? Obviously it helps if the song is very fast / up-tempo. Thanks!

Chopin's Funeral March. It's got a nice beat.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
thanks for everyone's suggestions. I forgot about a good song I came across by Shinedown. I really think this should be the mbb song based off beat and these particular lyrics

"the story is just beginning
I say goodbye to my weakness
so long to the regret"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJCvW1vpeqk]Shinedown - Diamond Eyes (HQ) with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
iTunes has some that Nike has put out that I have used during several races I have done. They help me keep a good pace and theyre good songs. One is called Black White and Run by the Hives...I dont like them by themselves, but the mix is one of my favorites. Here is the end part which is a cool down. Pretty sure the song is just about 40 minutes long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTqONhdX50]The Hives - Nike Original Run (Black, White and Run) last part - YouTube[/ame]

The other one they have thats really good is Aesop Rock. Here's the full recording:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASP3aZLPsb4]Aesop Rock - All Day Nike + Original Run (Continuous Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

Also, someone mentioned Girl Talk. His new one got me through the Bolder Boulder. I like it because it changes songs about every 30 seconds and mixes in a TON of different samples.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
One suggestion Rise of Brutality CD from Hatebreed. I know its old and sound scary. Give it a chance if you never listened to it before. The whole CD too not just one song off it. You'll run faster than ever before. I wish we played Live for This durning pre-game it be great starter.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iquRYKPbs&ob=av2e]Linkin Park - The Catalyst (Official HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
John Cafferty - Hearts on Fire (from Rocky IV, awesome 80's montage song)
Joe Esposito - You're The Best (from Karate Kid, another awesome 80's montage song)

Muse and Foo Fighters are always good as others have already mentioned.

"Heart of a Champion" by Nelly, mostly because he samples "Roundball Rock", the NBA on NBC theme.

Oh, and let's not forget "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Never heard of this. It's awesome.

A little bit of everything in one track! He put on quite a party as the headliner at 80/35 this year. While I know it's more than this, I'm still amazed that the dude can make money and headline for large crowds and just bring an Ipod.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
thanks for everyone's suggestions. I forgot about a good song I came across by Shinedown. I really think this should be the mbb song based off beat and these particular lyrics

"the story is just beginning
I say goodbye to my weakness
so long to the regret"

Shinedown - Diamond Eyes (HQ) with Lyrics - YouTube

How many threads are you going come in to pimp that horrible song? I get it, you beat off to it every night but shinedown has been **** for awhile now.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I need some Itunes help.......If I have a playlist and want to copy the content over to these message boards, what's the best way?