Royce, if you're on here, plese read this

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Does anybody know if Royce is on the Rockets active roster or if he has traveled to any games yet. It's to bad his career got off to such a difficult start. I haven't heard much about him the last few weeks but I'm glad he wasn't putting out all the twitter info., although I haven't heard about this last twitter stuff.
Go back to your jerk circle on HN.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
I really think the Rockets are done with him but don't know how to get rid of him. I believe the rockets are afraid of a law suit if they tell Royce to go fly a kite. Once HR gets their ducks in a row an announcement will be made and Royce wil be kicking himself.

I doubt the Rockets are too worried about trying to clear Royce's salary. His salary is only a small portion of their roughly 50 million. NBA teams eat bad contract all the time, rookie salaries aren't a problem for them.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
They are probably going to see if a team is interested in Royce at all when injuries hit. Might get a second rounder.

I think the Rockets are such a young team that they can't have Royce White anywhere near the team since it will set bad precedent. Anything they do to give him a chance now will be rewarding bad behavior. Unless he goes to the D league and plays well. Not to mention any offers for special travel accomodation must be off the table.

For all we know he has realized he screwed up and the Rockets are saying stay away. He is probably asking for a chance to suit up for games and stuff. As someone said a rookie contract isn't a huge deal to an NBA team. And the Rockets have nothing to gain and will feel like fools if they give him to another team and he toes the line, particularly after how accommodating they were.

I think they have a pretty nice team its a shame he is not a part of it.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I hope another team gives him a chance this summer once the Rockets part ways with him. At this rate that seems unlikely but there's usually someone willing to take a chance on a guy. It's apparent Royce has little to no interest in playing basketball. That's too bad. Instead of educating a few thousand people on twitter about mental illness he could touch millions. He can't see the big picture of all this, which is sad.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I hope another team gives him a chance this summer once the Rockets part ways with him. At this rate that seems unlikely but there's usually someone willing to take a chance on a guy. It's apparent Royce has little to no interest in playing basketball. That's too bad. Instead of educating a few thousand people on twitter about mental illness he could touch millions. He can't see the big picture of all this, which is sad.

I think he will get another chance with a team, but he wont have anywhere near the "accommodations" he has now. Teams are going to say "this is the contract, here's where you will play and when, sign it or leave"

I don't know who is more stupid in this whole situation, Royce or the idiots who always tweet at him saying stuff like "I <3 u royce i was sad once so i know what its like! #anxietytroopers." Why people think that they can relate to royce is beyond me, the guy is refusing to do a job he is getting paid millions of dollars to do. The people tweeting at him couldn't do anything even remotely similar at their workplace and not expect to be fired.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Off the Royce bandwagon after this article. Take a look at his Twitter conversation with these two guys

Royce White Continues To Dodge Questions « CBS Houston

Royce, Royce, Royce SMH. I've been tweeting him each day and asking if we will see him play, what exactly he needs the Rockets to do, and what can his supporters do to move things ahead. He won't even tell me #bewell. I don't think we'll ever see him play again. It seems he is hiding behind his illness. He wants to be welcomed as the first round star but isn't willing to do work it seems.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Off the Royce bandwagon after this article. Take a look at his Twitter conversation with these two guys

Royce White Continues To Dodge Questions « CBS Houston

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo sports reported that White “tried to convince Rockets officials that his anxiety order would be much, much better if they would simply play him in games.”

See, this is the part of it where you don't know what to say b/c the guy is using the threat of his "illness" as leverage to get his way. He probably knows any interview he does he'll get exposed for this. Then again he is definitely a little bit off and not firing on all 6 cylinders. Its awful that it looks like there is no happy ending to this b/c he is such a great player.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I hope Royce winds up in a T-Wolves uniform, and makes something better out of this bad situation.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I feel sad for his family. He does not seem to be able to deal with bball big business.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Royce is basically ******* himself over here, which is sad because the guy has a lot of potential if he plays his cards right. The longer he stays out, IMO, the less likely he will be playing. I'm sure other teams have taken note long ago and whatever is going on with the Rockets is unfortunate.

I wish he could just get on with it..nothing says you can't play (wherever, D-League or NBA) and raise awareness at the same time still.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My guess is the only comeback he will be allowed at this point will be in the D League. He should have stayed in Ames. I remain surprised that he does not just play considering the money.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
That was a pretty mild response...overreact much?

The guy asks him a legitimate question and Royce just dodges it by hashtaging his bewell ****. Then he claims that is a sincere response. Seems very childish to me

Last edited by a moderator:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
The guy asks him a legitimate question and Royce just dodges it by hashtaging his bewell ****. Then he claims that is a sincere response. Seems very childish to me

The original guy's question could easily be construed as snide or a shot, which royce said "#BeWell"..what's so big about that? What is so childish about "#BeWell" If the guy really wanted to know the question, why the **** would he ask Royce White about it? Why wouldn't he get his answer from someone who works in the NBA or the D-League. IMO it was a shot at Royce big time. He could have responded much more child-like and didn't. I'm not defending Royce on his actions, but his response was no more childish than the original guy's question.

Last edited by a moderator: