Royce, if you're on here, plese read this

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've followed him for a long time but this week has been enough. No longer following Royce on twitter. If anything positive happens in his life I'll see it here. I don't expect anything soon and likely nothing from basketball. Sad.

Agree. Could have shown the world what it's like to play in the NBA with anxiety/mental illness. Could have stood up for the greater good and shown all the naysayers he could play. That's probably out of the question now. Don't think he will ever play in the NBA.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I've followed him for a long time but this week has been enough. No longer following Royce on twitter. If anything positive happens in his life I'll see it here. I don't expect anything soon and likely nothing from basketball. Sad.
I, too, unfollowed him this year. I was a HUGE fan of his here at ISU but I just can't take his ranting and raving. If he really wanted to raise awareness, he would play. He is doing MUCH more damage to his supposed cause than anything else. I hope he gets it figured out but at this point, I doubt he ever contributes anything meaningful to any NBA team.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines

Also just unfollowed him this week. His rants about the gun issues and mental health took me over the edge.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I am concerned that CFH has lost credibility with GM's around the league over sticking his neck out for Royce.

As someone else said, I am sad this is happening.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
I am concerned that CFH has lost credibility with GM's around the league over sticking his neck out for Royce.

We're doing this again? Hoiberg just did his job, and did it well as Royce played (and played great, for that matter) without incident under Hoiberg's watch. I guess Hoiberg is also expected to be psychic??? Teams knew they were taking a risk drafting Royce, that's why one only one team (if you believe the documentary) had the guts to do it.

I really hope the best for Royce, that he gets things under control, contributes in the NBA, and raises awareness for mental health through a success story. But he's not doing anyone any favors right now, just giving people an image of some guy with a guaranteed contract sitting at home on his phone all day. Whether or not that's fair, it's certainly not going to raise awareness and it's not going to help his current or future situation.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We're doing this again? Hoiberg just did his job, and did it well as Royce played (and played great, for that matter) without incident under Hoiberg's watch. I guess Hoiberg is also expected to be psychic??? Teams knew they were taking a risk drafting Royce, that's why one only one team (if you believe the documentary) had the guts to do it.

I really hope the best for Royce, that he gets things under control, contributes in the NBA, and raises awareness for mental health through a success story. But he's not doing anyone any favors right now, just giving people an image of some guy with a guaranteed contract sitting at home on his phone all day. Whether or not that's fair, it's certainly not going to raise awareness and it's not going to help his current or future situation.

Also, Fred has lost all credibility with big men. We will never see the NCAAs again. That one-and-done was the peak of Fred's program. All is lost.

docholihawk

Oct 9, 2012
clear lake
Does anybody know if Royce is on the Rockets active roster or if he has traveled to any games yet. It's to bad his career got off to such a difficult start. I haven't heard much about him the last few weeks but I'm glad he wasn't putting out all the twitter info., although I haven't heard about this last twitter stuff.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Does anybody know if Royce is on the Rockets active roster or if he has traveled to any games yet. It's to bad his career got off to such a difficult start. I haven't heard much about him the last few weeks but I'm glad he wasn't putting out all the twitter info., although I haven't heard about this last twitter stuff.

The Rockets? Who are they? #Educating #Progress #GunControl #AnxietyTroopers LOL. Be well...

Signed,
RW

===

That pretty much sums it up as of recently.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Also, Fred has lost all credibility with big men. We will never see the NCAAs again. That one-and-done was the peak of Fred's program. All is lost.

Not about Royce White, but since Rodney Coe is your commit now,try following him on twitter and get back to me. It's pretty juvenile stuff-but I'm an old guy. Would love you guys reactions.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Not about Royce White, but since Rodney Coe is your commit now,try following him on twitter and get back to me. It's pretty juvenile stuff-but I'm an old guy. Would love you guys reactions.

I feel that way about 50% of the college athlete's I follow. Can't interpret a single sentence.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale

If anything it makes Hoiberg look like a genius for having Royce in Ames for 2 years without a single incident.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

I suppose it could hurt with some GM's, but if it does, then they probably really don't know FH. His reputation with the GM's was established long before Royce came along.....I really don't think it will be harmed by this.

If anything......most would probably wonder how he managed to handle the kid for two years, and get the production out of him that he did, plus help position him as a first round draft choice. Even now, the GM of the Rockets seems to beleive that Royce was still worth the risk they took. The concern I would have regarding FH is that some GM's in the NBA might follow him more closely....figuring if he can deal with a situation and an ego like Royce......what could he do with the prima donnas in the NBA?

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does Royce ever tweet about Iowa State basketball? For instance, it would have been cool for him to tweet some encouragement (or congratulations) Saturday as the team took on Drake, especially since they beat us last year. Despite the fact that some seem to be turning on him, the bulk of the Iowa State community still appreciates him and is pulling for him (including some who are the most outspokenly critical of him, but are still hoping the best for him).

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
I really think the Rockets are done with him but don't know how to get rid of him. I believe the rockets are afraid of a law suit if they tell Royce to go fly a kite. Once HR gets their ducks in a row an announcement will be made and Royce wil be kicking himself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron