Robert Jones, Tre King and Hason Ward Appreciation Thread

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It's hard to overstate what these three guys have done to build a foundation for TJ's program. The emotions are going to hit me when I watch some postgame interviews, because these guys gave their all. This is a team that will be remembered for a long time (29 WINS!), and they were a big part of that. We'll miss them next year!

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Ward getting into early foul trouble was a big part of why we lost. He has been huge the last 5 games and wasn't able to get a lot of minutes tonight. Had some great blocks late in the game though. Over the last couple weeks I think he became my favorite player on this year's team.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Sigh...now that the season is done I'll start reading threads like this and get teary-eyed. It's already happening.

Man...what can you write? It's too bad that Hasan didn't have a great game tonight, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if he had been healthy for the Florida tournament that we would have beaten either Virginia Tech or Texas A & M, and maybe both, and then we get that one seed.

I was happy to see BRE get the steal and the runout towards the end of the game there, even though it was in a losing effort. Also happy (well, no, not at all), but I liked that Tre got the last bucket of the season.

Tough loss, but great season. IMO the second best season in program history behind only the Fizer/Tinsley team of 1999-2000. And that's thanks in large part to these three young gentlemen.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
They chose to come here and stick it out and were all key contributors in different ways and in different games. (Eg Tre King against Kansas this year). Best of luck to all of their futures.

I have a feeling we’ll see them around the facilities in the future.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's hard to overstate what these three guys have done to build a foundation for TJ's program. The emotions are going to hit me when I watch some postgame interviews, because these guys gave their all. This is a team that will be remembered for a long time (29 WINS!), and they were a big part of that. We'll miss them next year!
Yes! Thank you Robert, Tre and Hasan for being great Cyclones, playing great, and giving key aspects to the current culture that TJ is trying to build!

I will always remember this year, the teamwork, the attitude and the effort, the number of wins, 2nd in the Big 12, and the Big 12 Tournament champions! These guys were a huge part of it. Definitely will be missed! Great year!