Rivals.com Ranks Insight Bowl 2nd Worst

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
A game featuring two offenses that really, really have trouble scoring and you're surprised it's ranked close to the bottom?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Oh come on now. I think the rankings are dead on. Who wouldn't rather watch Wyoming play Fresno St? Northern Illinois vs USF? Bowling Green vs Idaho (puke!)? :jimlad:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It's two bad 6-6 teams playing each other.

This isn't worth being offended over.

Agreed. I wouldn't rank us 2nd worst but I wouldn't move us up more than 3 spots either. Either way it's one of the worst 5 bowl matchups when looking at it on paper.

I'll ask this question. Would we rather not be in a bowl than in a bowl that people don't care about? I think the answer is obvious.

FYI I still wish we were playing Georgia in the Independence bowl even if that meant an A kicking

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Who wouldn't want to see Iowa State win a bowl game? Good story line, regional teams that never meet, Big12 vs. Big10, sunny Phoenix. Anyone who ranks this game as one of the worst bowls is out of their mind and too hung up on the 6-6 records...or they are Missouri fans. Yeah, it isn't the best matchup, but certainly not one of the worst. Our pathetic TV contract probably hurt us too, since people got to see every Minnesota game, and only 2 or so ISU games.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
His research was to identify our school colors and the date and network of our game?

I don't think it's a great matchup for outsiders, but I'm looking forward to it. Certainly more so than Bowling Green/Idaho and other non-BCS conference games.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You guys are getting too caught up with the names on the front of the jerseys. Sure the Wyoming-Fresno St game doesn't sound appealing but the game could end up 45-42 which is a fun game to watch. The ISU-Minnesota game has bigger name recognition (not by a lot though) but the game could easily turn into a 17-13 snoozer.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Games that are worse:
Marshall vs. Ohio (Pizza Pizza Bowl)
Fresno St. vs. Wyoming (New Mexico Bowl)
Bowling Green vs. Idaho (Humanitarian Smurf Turf Contrasting Colors Bowl)
Michigan State vs. Texas Tech (Alamo Slaughter Big10 Bowl)
Rutgers vs. UCF (St. Petersberg Bowl)
Central Michigan vs. Troy (GMAC Bowl)

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
The ISU-Minnesota game has bigger name recognition (not by a lot though) but the game could easily turn into a 17-13 snoozer.

Odd you use that term to describe low scoring defensive football.

I would assume that's an Iowa fans wet dream for the Orange Bowl

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think the Ohio State vs. Oregon match up is way to high. Ohio state is just flat boring. They do win but they are boring doing it. Florida State may be bowdens last game but they really are no better than Iowa State. WV will kill them.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think the Ohio State vs. Oregon match up is way to high. Ohio state is just flat boring. They do win but they are boring doing it. Florida State may be bowdens last game but they really are no better than Iowa State. WV will kill them.

I for one will enjoy watching Oregon trample Ohio State.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Who freaking cares what they think? I'm going to watch it. Recruits are going to watch it because the staff will ask them to. If the nation doesn't watch, I could care less. Honestly, if I wasn't an ISU fan and didn't have a particular interest in the Big XII or Big 11, I'd probably skip watching this game too.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I couldn't disagree more. If you look at the match-up it has the making of a close and competitive game. Isn't that what really matters to you're average football fan?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I dont care. We are in a bowl game and others arent.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

I'm looking forward to that bowl (Rose Bowl). Ohio State usually gets up for bowls that don't have National Championship in their name. Think they may surprise some people. And on the other end, Oregon is really fun to watch and am curious to see if they will really overpower the Buckeyes. I usually like to watch all the BCS bowls, but the Fiesta Bowl could not be any more unappealing IMO. They put Boise State and TCU out of the way from all the big boys.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
If it's not 2nd worst, it's somewhere close. Outside of Iowa and Minnesota, there isn't any buzz. Minny's offense is unbelievably bad. Our offense has looked good at times, but overall not great.

Who care's though? We're going to a good bowl, in Arizona. We're making a lot of money off of it. And it's a great recruiting tool.