Rhoads Unis

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Quite honestly, we are talking football here.. which is quite manly if you ask me. And there is nothing wrong with looking right. I'm a guy that wants to create a good image anywhere I go, be it my cars, my personal attire, or my personality. I like to look casually classic, smooth, yet aggressive. You will see that in every thing I do or own.

You can be a man and look right too, most women love it. Unless your married or dating a lumberjack woman.. i doubt she cares about your flannel and wranglers you are sporting today.

I think a '75 esque helmet with a '08 esque logo would be the best of both worlds and would flow well with the uniform. The throwback pants would also be a step forward.

Truth be told, noone will ever be 100% satisfied with the uniforms, everyone has different taste. People on this forum are from entirely different backgrounds, ethnicity's, and age groups and we will never agree in unison on a uniform.
I guess I just wanted to see what other people thought about bringing in a gold/yellow helmet. I personally think it would set us off. To each his own, I know some of the players wanted to wear black shoes and white socks, and IMO, that is horrid. Everyone has their idea of what looks good. Now what ACTUALLY does, I guess is in the eye of the beholder :wink:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Or, some of our compadres here are confident with their masculinity and independent to the point they will discuss whatever topic suits them.

Certain topics are suitable only for women? That's a constriction (and a blatant stereotype) that many here will sweep aside and not give a second thought.

Uh Huhhh....:wink:

Okay we're worse then a bunch of little boys worrying who's got the biggest biceps.

There's some gender equity for you, since I'm sensing some insecurity.:biglaugh:

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
In the words of Rosanne Roseannadanna, "Nevermind."

Last edited:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Guys get back to topic or take it to PM.... Sick of seeing this stuff...

Hey I seriously think Rhoads needs to go with this look.

ronald_mcdonald_jumping.jpg

Change the M to an ISU.. I think the socks need to be red and gold instead of white. Shoes are ok... But black would be better. Do love the gold gloves though. That is sweet.

Or.................................................................

We could just stick with what we have??? Sounds too radical to build some kinda of tradition and to just stick with one design. What happens if Rhoads gets fired in 5 years. Do we start all over again? Then again in a few more years??

Just stick with one...

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Please let's not go through another round of "I love/hate the new uniforms." We aren't going to play any better with another uniform design change. Let's find an identity and stick with it.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
No I wasn't.....(or at least I didn't intend to)

Please pardon me. Damn, guess I'm getting old and testy. There's so much ripping on these forums, and I'm kind of a sensitive fellow.

I'm killing my post.

Again, please excuse me.

Reactions: Bobber

sdmredsox

Dec 15, 2008
South Des Moines
AGREED 100%

Enough gimmicks and sizzle has been sold.

We've got the talent.

Our facilities are fine.

Coach Rhoads is the right Man.

no more change, just go make it happen :cool:
All praise logic and reason! Only thing I would change is our shoes. Black shoes just look better. But if your slow, the color of your cleats isnt going to matter. I dont care about names on the back, I'd just like to see everyone have there own number, no more duplicate numbers.

yankeebruin

May 21, 2008
"Please let's not go through another round of "I love/hate the new uniforms." We aren't going to play any better with another uniform design change. Let's find an identity and stick with it."

I agree. Does anyone here have any idea the amount of money it cost the University/Athletic Dept. to rebrand the Cyclones including the redesign of the logo? It cost a lot! There's no way things are going to be discarded after one season. Not going to happen, period. These changes affected the entire athletic program and included every sport, not just football. There is an official policy on how the logo may be used and with which colors etc. Variations are allowed that do not affect the integrity of the new logo. You will see these small changes from time to time but not likely this year.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
who the **** cares? Let's just win some games!

This is the solution to every single problem (ISU Athletics related at least) we debate on this board. Just win and we don't have to sit here and bicker about uniform design, logos, entrance music, Jeff Johnson, coaching hires, or whatever the heck is going on at EIU. In the end, winning is what matters and it really does cure all.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
"Please let's not go through another round of "I love/hate the new uniforms." We aren't going to play any better with another uniform design change. Let's find an identity and stick with it."

I agree. Does anyone here have any idea the amount of money it cost the University/Athletic Dept. to rebrand the Cyclones including the redesign of the logo? It cost a lot! There's no way things are going to be discarded after one season. Not going to happen, period. These changes affected the entire athletic program and included every sport, not just football. There is an official policy on how the logo may be used and with which colors etc. Variations are allowed that do not affect the integrity of the new logo. You will see these small changes from time to time but not likely this year.
Changing the color of the helmets or shoes doesn't require a whole new logo.

That said, I like the unis.

yankeebruin

May 21, 2008
"Changing the color of the helmets or shoes doesn't require a whole new logo"

That's what I said:

"Variations are allowed that do not affect the integrity of the new logo. You will see these small changes from time to time but not likely this year"

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
"Changing the color of the helmets or shoes doesn't require a whole new logo"

That's what I said:

"Variations are allowed that do not affect the integrity of the new logo. You will see these small changes from time to time but not likely this year"

This thread is about those small changes. The main concern of your post was the logo. That was my point.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I like the logo, it's distinctive. That's always an asset. Who realy cares about shoes or helmet color? Does that make them play better, or worse? They look fine, it's the product in the uniforms that matters. :yes:

Reactions: hobbsfan27