Rhoads seems to barely be able to credit Lanning...

acody

Nov 25, 2006
This coaching staff would be going full Lanningmania if they thought there was any chance they would be around next year. Sour grapes.

Can we please move on to the next coaching staff. I will not be surprised if I hear one of the reasons to retain this coaching staff is because the team played well in the second half of the Baylor game and beat the spread.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't think it's unreasonable to question a coaching staff that has gone 7-33 over the past 40's ability to make the correct call as to which players actually give them the best chance to win. Just because they think the are playing those players doesn't mean they are.

Especially when they come out and say things like our QB shouldn't be throwing the ball to our best WR who is 6'5" and can jump out of the gym when he is being single covered by a CB that is 5'10". That is just plain idiotic by any sane person.

That is the kind of arrogance I'm talking about here. Instead of saying.... "yes, it was a great throw by Lanning, and we definitely should have played him more that game, that was my bad" .... we get... "he probably shouldn't have thrown that ball, so that's why he didn't play again that game."

That is just plain stupidity, arrogance, and stubbornness. He cannot admit they made a bad decision.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Just wondering if we do get a new staff and that staff wins games immediately next year, Do we constantly say that the new coach is winning with CPR's players????

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Especially when they come out and say things like our QB shouldn't be throwing the ball to our best WR who is 6'5" and can jump out of the gym when he is being single covered by a CB that is 5'10". That is just plain idiotic by any sane person.

That is the kind of arrogance I'm talking about here. Instead of saying.... "yes, it was a great throw by Lanning, and we definitely should have played him more that game, that was my bad" .... we get... "he probably shouldn't have thrown that ball, so that's why he didn't play again that game."

That is just plain stupidity, arrogance, and stubbornness. He cannot admit they made a bad decision.

I am beginning to think that CPR would have benched Brett Favre.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Classic defense mechanism for a guy that knows he is wrong while most others have been right. I am not saying Lanning is 'the guy', I am just trying to say even most casual fans have understood for years that Sam was not the guy.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Just wondering if we do get a new staff and that staff wins games immediately next year, Do we constantly say that the new coach is winning with CPR's players????

That would really highlight Rhoads' deficiencies. If Rhoads cannot win with Rhoads players, but a new staff can.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

You have to wait until the results that the new coach has once he does get some of his own classes in for this narrative to come out.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

That is an interesting question. Because Chizik wasn't winning when he left, but Rhoads came in and was winning, but people said it was because he had Chizik's players. I guess you could say that Rhoads was winning when Chizik's recruits were finally getting old enough to contribute?

But yeah, one could make the case if a new coach comes in next year and we go to a bowl game that it was Rhoads' players that got them there, however Rhoads wasn't able to win with those same players, so there is that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I am beginning to think that CPR would have benched Brett Favre.

Favre would have never been able to start at QB for Rhoads, no way. Made way too many dangerous and risky throws. Randall Cunningham too, when he was throwing bombs to Randy Moss. That would have gotten him benched.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Yes, in all fairness, it would have to be said. There's talent on this team.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm just saying that this is not something to get worked up about. Most coaches have said the same thing. It isn't a slam against anyone it is a praise for everyone.

Most coaches do not compliment an entire team or unit like Rhoads just did. Do I think it's that big of a deal? No, but it is kind of weird.

It's like me saying, the ISU basketball program was turned around because of the players, Fred wasn't making the shots, Fred wasn't draining those last second three pointers, Fred wasn't stealing the ball from the other team, but yeah, Fred coached well.

It just doesn't sound right, even though I complimented everybody.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Most coaches do not compliment an entire team or unit like Rhoads just did. Do I think it's that big of a deal? No, but it is kind of weird.

It's like me saying, the ISU basketball program was turned around because of the players, Fred wasn't making the shots, Fred wasn't draining those last second three pointers, Fred wasn't stealing the ball from the other team, but yeah, Fred coached well.

It just doesn't sound right, even though I complimented everybody.

Everyone reads into it what he wants to. People that hate Rhoads are going to ***** about those comments, although I contend that if he had said that it was all Lanning creating everything, the same people would have ******* because he didn't give the line or the receivers or the running backs credit.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Everyone reads into it what he wants to. People that hate Rhoads are going to ***** about those comments, although I contend that if he had said that it was all Lanning creating everything, the same people would have ******* because he didn't give the line or the receivers or the running backs credit.

Do you use ***** everytime you post? Cheer up some.:smile:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I don't know. When Warren ran wild against TTU did CPR say afterwards "you can give one player the credit, but he wasn't the one who took the snap, handed off the ball, blocked the D-line, blocked downfield....but he preformed very well"?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know. When Warren ran wild against TTU did CPR say afterwards "you can give one player the credit, but he wasn't the one who took the snap, handed off the ball, blocked the D-line, blocked downfield....but he preformed very well"?

I don't know. I get the complaints. But I guess I think he probably can't do anything right for some of the people on here.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Rhoads has the logical reasoning ability of an 8 year old.