Report: FSU's Rolle headed to Oxford, to put NFL on hold

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
No brainer. go to oxford, come back, be a 4th round pick, win a championship for the Vikings, retire to be a doctor. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA
I am so sick of hearing about Tebow.

Wait, this story has nothing to do with Tebow? You mean other college football players do good things too?

Good for Rolle. He's got a great handle on priorities.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
I don't know about this one. Granted, its very impressive. But couldn't he pay his own way to any school he wanted after he makes millions in the NFL? Maybe Oxford doesn't work like that. Does he lose his chance at ever going to this school if he doesn't go now? I think he could easily be a 2nd round draft choice now, but in a year or two after no one has seen him play, I don't see how'd he'd get drafted before the 5th round. That's a lot of money to "lose"

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
I don't know about this one. Granted, its very impressive. But couldn't he pay his own way to any school he wanted after he makes millions in the NFL? Maybe Oxford doesn't work like that. Does he lose his chance at ever going to this school if he doesn't go now? I think he could easily be a 2nd round draft choice now, but in a year or two after no one has seen him play, I don't see how'd he'd get drafted before the 5th round. That's a lot of money to "lose"

Some things are more important than money.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would say go to the NFL for a few years. Get some money to help with the college and have yourself set up for whatever you want to do in life without worrying about cash. He could also donate a lot of money to the stuff he wants to try and help out. Then again I have never had the problem of having to decide between Oxford and the NFL. Mine was more like Junior College or the Marine Corps. It's a little different.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL

It is true that he could pay his way to any school after he makes his millions in the NFL, but he would not be considered a Rhodes Scholar if he did that. This is a once in a life time opportunity for him to be in the same sentence as Bill Bradley, Bill Clinton and other Rhodes Scholars and b/c of this label, he will have bosses and jobs looking for him and not the other way around.

He will finish his one year at Oxford with a PhD and then be drafted or at least be a free agent signee and then make his millions in the NFL. He definately has a bright future ahead of him!

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It is true that he could pay his way to any school after he makes his millions in the NFL, but he would not be considered a Rhodes Scholar if he did that. This is a once in a life time opportunity for him to be in the same sentence as Bill Bradley, Bill Clinton and other Rhodes Scholars and b/c of this label, he will have bosses and jobs looking for him and not the other way around.

He will finish his one year at Oxford with a PhD and then be drafted or at least be a free agent signee and then make his millions in the NFL. He definately has a bright future ahead of him!

Being a Rhodes Scholar is indeed a huge deal. It is more important than going straight into the NFL.

If you get a chance to see him interviewed, he is a remarkable young man. Really has his act together. I believe he wants to specialize in brain surgery as a physician. How cool is that? When more and more former athletes are having head problems and brain injuries from the the contact in sports, mainly soccer and football. Talk about giving back.

I am really proud of this young man.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
he graduated with a pre-med degree in 2.5 YEARS. i dont play any sports anymore, and i will be lucky to finish in four with any decent gpa. he is one of my new heroes.