Report: College Hoops Corruption Case Poised To Wreak Havoc On Top Programs

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
True - but I am still extremely skeptical of this leading to any real change or meaningful punishments. And somehow, even if there have been major improprieties by head coaches (which is likely, not probable), I'm sure these individuals are well insulated & protected so that they will get off scott-free. OR, if a coach is indeed found guilty, the coach and NOT the blue-blood school will be penalized - only to have that scumbag coach be rehired 5 years later by some other blue-blood and do the same exact **** he got in trouble for. (see Pearl & Calipari for reference)

This, they will toss a couple of minor players under the bus, brush their hands and congratulate themselves on "cleaning house." There is no push to ever punish the rich and famous either in house by NCAA or in real court.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Bowen Sr. is shining a lot of light on some programs that usually like the attention. Guess you get a house to go to Texas or Okie St. Also learning Creighton shouldn't be considered a Mid-Major if they really can provide 100K+.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Bowen Sr. is shining a lot of light on some programs that usually like the attention. Guess you get a house to go to Texas or Okie St. Also learning Creighton shouldn't be considered a Mid-Major if they really can provide 100K+.

Creighton is no longer a mid major. The big east is a major conference in basketball.

Where is the NCAA investigation? They seem to be not investigating anything

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This whole thing doesn't matter. Recruits are going to continue to get paid and go to the same big schools that are being accused of cheating.

Arizona has two of the top fifteen recruits in 2019. They've been named.
USC has two of the top twenty. They've been named.
#29 recruit goes to Brewster in NH and from NJ but picked NC State. They've been named.
#37 recruit is going to Auburn. They've been named.
Alabama has the #11 recruiting class (three 4 Stars). They've been named.
Louisville has the #2 recruiting class (four 4 Stars). They've been named.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This whole thing doesn't matter. Recruits are going to continue to get paid and go to the same big schools that are being accused of cheating.

Arizona has two of the top fifteen recruits in 2019. They've been named.
USC has two of the top twenty. They've been named.
#29 recruit goes to Brewster in NH and from NJ but picked NC State. They've been named.
#37 recruit is going to Auburn. They've been named.
Alabama has the #11 recruiting class (three 4 Stars). They've been named.
Louisville has the #2 recruiting class (four 4 Stars). They've been named.

If you have to cheat heavily at USC/UCLA you suck as a coach/program.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
True - but I am still extremely skeptical of this leading to any real change or meaningful punishments. And somehow, even if there have been major improprieties by head coaches (which is likely, not probable), I'm sure these individuals are well insulated & protected so that they will get off scott-free. OR, if a coach is indeed found guilty, the coach and NOT the blue-blood school will be penalized - only to have that scumbag coach be rehired 5 years later by some other blue-blood and do the same exact **** he got in trouble for. (see Pearl & Calipari for reference)
Couple comments - there is NO WAY a coach does not know these kids are getting that kind of money. I would think it would be obvious.
Agree with this poster.
The other thing blue blood coaches who are involved in this scandal can count on is ESPN. Look at all the cheating coaches they venerate, hire and promote. The “Legends of the Game”, Dr LOU. Makes me sick, no penalty, only praise for cheating . How good of coaches are some of these people? If somebody buys you the best players shouldn’t you win?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron